What's new

iOS Upgrade for 3GS Users

iDan

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Since the iPhone 3GS will be able to handle the latest iPhone OS, is that enough to hold you off from upgrading to the iPhone 4?

21st im told its going to be available but i think it would be worth upgrading for the few days while waiting for the new iphone. though i have the 3g and nto the 3gs i will still upgrade to the firmware, how about you?

For sure the 21 i will update my 3Gs waiting i got my iPhone 4 … as i am lucky to have unlock factory device ...

I considered it...but, I caved in yesterday. Must of had a sip of the iPhone4 Kool Aid!

I had a go of it on Saturday as the genius at apple had it on his phone. Very impressed and if I couldn't get it I probably would have gone for the IP4!

For sure the 21 i will update my 3Gs waiting i got my iPhone 4 … as i am lucky to have unlock factory device ...

so is mine the iphone from 2007 is the only one i had locked and never again will i buy a iphone locked to a carrier same as the one i ordered from uk apple, sim free iphone 4, i hated waiting for a unlock by the dev team every new firmware

Not me! I'm looking forward to the video capture/editing feature, the improved camera and the slim new sexy body :)
:hdvideo: > :phone:

so is mine the iphone from 2007 is the only one i had locked and never again will i buy a iphone locked to a carrier same as the one i ordered from uk apple, sim free iphone 4, i hated waiting for a unlock by the dev team every new firmware

From my 3GS , i buy Unlock factory … i also hate to wait dev team and also i am not fan about JB after have experienced some trouble … so for me it’s UNLOCK FACTORY or nothing

From my 3GS , i buy Unlock factory … i also hate to wait dev team and also i am not fan about JB after have experienced some trouble … so for me it’s UNLOCK FACTORY or nothing

exactly! :D me too i never had any troubles with it though i just hated having to wait just to upgrade firmware, i always jailbroke for the extra apps and ability to change sms and other tones and have ssh and so on, summer/winterboard was always a must but i think now we wont need thatunless apple dont let us delete those apps that default with the phone like stock and weather personally they just get in the way.

so your one that only jailbroke because dev team ended up saying you have to get the unlokck app through the jailbreak to get more people jailbreaking?

i was using the unlock first time with ziphone then winpwn and they kept changing the name of the tool one firmware upgrade mac users would get the tool first then some times windows users it really sucked.

exactly! :D me too i never had any troubles with it though i just hated having to wait just to upgrade firmware, i always jailbroke for the extra apps and ability to change sms and other tones and have ssh and so on, summer/winterboard was always a must but i think now we wont need thatunless apple dont let us delete those apps that default with the phone like stock and weather personally they just get in the way.

so your one that only jailbroke because dev team ended up saying you have to get the unlokck app through the jailbreak to get more people jailbreaking?

i was using the unlock first time with ziphone then winpwn and they kept changing the name of the tool one firmware upgrade mac users would get the tool first then some times windows users it really sucked.

I have experienced the same as you first Zibri …. and after WinPwn .. most of the mod i do is throw out the app’s like stock and itunes & app store … witch at that time i found not useful in the device, change the theme the springboard …. lot of unnecessary mod’s …. so i change my 3 G against a unlock factory … and i directly got the 3GS UF and i am happy with that ….

there was one where you whipe your ifner where the time is and you can turn off features i forgot the name o fthat one but it was really good, but then every time you update firmware you lose all the jailbreak apps so it was a lot of hassle as well remembering how many jailbreak apss you had and what ones. vlc player and so much more, i think vlc player will work a lot better on the iphone 4 though. and you got the ipad as well, did you jailbreak?

there was one where you whipe your ifner where the time is and you can turn off features i forgot the name o fthat one but it was really good, but then every time you update firmware you lose all the jailbreak apps so it was a lot of hassle as well remembering how many jailbreak apss you had and what ones. vlc player and so much more, i think vlc player will work a lot better on the iphone 4 though. and you got the ipad as well, did you jailbreak?

I have an iPad from day one, and i didn’t JB it , one of my staff JB is one two days after he have to restore the device and re JB same trouble so he restore and don’t want to listen about JB from that moment …. but i am sure many people JB and doesn’t have trouble

I admit is fun to play inside the device … but is also sometime lot of hassle ...

Think you are talking about SBS settings, you swipe finger over the top and it gives you quick control of e.g wifi, bluetooth and others.

I have an iPad from day one, and i didn’t JB it , one of my staff JB is one two days after he have to restore the device and re JB same trouble so he restore and don’t want to listen about JB from that moment …. but i am sure many people JB and doesn’t have trouble

I admit is fun to play inside the device … but is also sometime lot of hassle ...

oh thats not good, probles with jb... i would stay away if it gives you nothing but problems