What's new

iOS 7 is now available for download

dgstorm

Editor in Chief
Reaction score
ios_7_apple_features_page_hero.jpg

​
Apple has made iOS 7, the latest version of its mobile operating system, available for download a few moments ago. The iOS 7 can now be installed on the following compatible iOS devices: iPhone 5s, iPhone 5c, iPhone 4S, iPhone 4, iPad 2, iPad 3, iPad 4, iPad Mini or the 5th generation iPod Touch. You need to go to your device's settings menu, choose “general" and after that just select the software update option.​​

You can choose to install iOS 7 as an over-the-air update or through iTunes, which has been recently updated to version 11.1 both on Windows and Mac OS X. And if you want to sync music, videos, and other content to your iOS device, then you’ll have to download it anyway.

If you don’t know how iOS 7 looks and behaves, you might have a surprise as Apple's latest mobile OS version has had its user interface redesigned under the direct supervision of Jony Ive. You can let us know in the comments section what you think of it after you install it. Besides the big visual makeover, iOS 7 also comes with some new features like iTunes Radio, AirDrop sharing, ControlCenter, and improved card-style multitasking.

It will be interesting to see how fast users decide to switch to the new iOS version, because some of them might be reluctant, at least initially, to try out such a steep change. Apple’s CEO himself, mister Tim Cook, has described iOS 7 as “the biggest change to iOS since the iPhone.”

However, I’m confident that Jony Ive did a wonderful job, as always. Let us know your impressions regarding Apple’s new iOS 7.

By RaduTyrsina

Source: TheVerge

I wonder if there's a delay in Canada getting IOS7. I have been trying all day to get the download... wasn't until just now, 5:50PM that I was able! Maybe more than just me is trying to download it today? ha ha ha

ios_7_apple_features_page_hero.jpg

​
Apple has made iOS 7, the latest version of its mobile operating system, available for download a few moments ago. The iOS 7 can now be installed on the following compatible iOS devices: iPhone 5s, iPhone 5c, iPhone 4S, iPhone 4, iPad 2, iPad 3, iPad 4, iPad Mini or the 5th generation iPod Touch. You need to go to your device's settings menu, choose “general" and after that just select the software update option.​​

You can choose to install iOS 7 as an over-the-air update or through iTunes, which has been recently updated to version 11.1 both on Windows and Mac OS X. And if you want to sync music, videos, and other content to your iOS device, then you’ll have to download it anyway.

If you don’t know how iOS 7 looks and behaves, you might have a surprise as Apple's latest mobile OS version has had its user interface redesigned under the direct supervision of Jony Ive. You can let us know in the comments section what you think of it after you install it. Besides the big visual makeover, iOS 7 also comes with some new features like iTunes Radio, AirDrop sharing, ControlCenter, and improved card-style multitasking.

It will be interesting to see how fast users decide to switch to the new iOS version, because some of them might be reluctant, at least initially, to try out such a steep change. Apple’s CEO himself, mister Tim Cook, has described iOS 7 as “the biggest change to iOS since the iPhone.”

However, I’m confident that Jony Ive did a wonderful job, as always. Let us know your impressions regarding Apple’s new iOS 7.

By RaduTyrsina

Source: TheVerge

It's possible it is just a regional download, but we don't have complete info on that. Can anyone else chime in with their experience downloading it in Canada?

Well apple really screwed the pooch on ios-7! It looks like Android did 3 years ago! It's hard on the eyes.. I'm just gonna sell my iphone-5 and grab a Galaxy s-4 I have only talked to one person who likes this so far!

One plus Notifications can be accessed from home screen while locked..I was able to do this with jailbreak!

it actually reminds me of the Zune! lol

the new graphics do not go well with the small screen on the iphone!

Android here I come!

I don't like it. Not at all. Some changes are ok, but I have vision problems that can't be worked around in accessibility. I can barely read the keyboard. I can see it if I invert colors, but that changes everything on my iPhone. I thought bold text would help, but that bolds all text on everything EXCEPT the keyboard. The icons now have an Easter egg look to them on the screen. I tried the contrast option. No help there. I can't see squat!
Please add some options to reverse the keyboard back to black with white letters or make the keyboard letters bolder. I'm getting a headache squinting to type this. Please help.

I like it fine. I did change the wallpaper to a darker version and that made it much easier to view.

I guess I can live with it. I spent a lot of time making and getting wallpapers that made my screen look really cool. Those dont fit anymore. Thats a bummer. I like the translucent stuff. The dock at the bottom looks unfinished..? Not into the flat look. Here is what my phone looked like before, $photo.jpg If i could just get this look back id be happy.

I downloaded it not knowing what to expect. Big surprise!! Yes, it requires some tome to get used to it. While typing here my reply I just realize that I got here the old keyboard... So I assume that gives hope to those struggling with the new one.
The design in general is much more apple like: lean, clean and bright. However in some situations this cleanness is a bit absurd: the selections on the cog wheel are not readable enough (e.g. Alarm clock, Reminder, etc.) - see example.

$image-4042849506.jpg

I have the new OS and, contrary to those who don't like change...i've found I like it!
However, I cannot find the RADIO on the MUSIC site at all. Is it available in Canada?

Do I have to get the app first as its not on the phone vanilla

I'm having serious problems with typing. I really like the interface and I hoped they would have the problem fixed quickly, but it's making my phone pretty much unusable. There's a huge lag and if I absolutely have to type something, I don't even bother using any punctuation or correcting mistakes because it's just too slow. PLEASE fix it if you hear me, apple!