What's new

iWork Will Now be Free on all New iOS Devices

Maura

iPhoneForums.Net News Team
Staff member
Reaction score
13470-iworks-free.jpg

Among the many rumours that Apple officially confirmed as fact today is the news that the iWork productivity suite will now be offered free with any new iOS device. Included in the suite is Pages, Numbers, iMovie, Keynote, and iPhoto, reports The Verge. iPhoto and iMove are photo and movie-editing tools, and Pages, Numbers and Keynote enable you to create, edit and share various types of documents (in a similar fashion to Microsoft’s Word, Excel, and PowerPoint). According to Apple, iWork is the best-selling group of productivity apps on iOS.

“We think that iWork is a really key advantage for our customers’ productivity, and iPhoto and iMovie are great for their creativity,” said Apple CEO Tim Cook at today’s iPhone announcement event in Cupertino. “Almost all of our customers want these apps."

However, as The Verge notes, when Tim Cook talked about iWorks at the even today, he only showed the old icons, rather than the new iOS 7 icons, so we haven't yet had the change to see how much the icons will have changed from the previous versions.

Source: Apple says iWork will come free with all new iOS devices | The Verge

Last edited:
I think this is a smart move for Apple in the long run, it helps to lock users into the iOS platform.

I saw this.

I currently have an iPhone 5. My top power button has stopped working. I've been working around it by just using that Assistive Touch (or whatever you call it) but it has started to annoy me.

I've been planing to change my phone out through the warranty but I've been putting it off because I dread the thought of" losing" some things. (We all know it never restores completely from back up!)

So! If I use my warranty when iOS7 hits and the iWork stuff goes free will I be able to get iWork free on my "new" iPhone 5?

If so then that might be JUST the push I need to actually upgrade my phone.

Nice but I just got a new iMac and had to pay for it...should have waited. My bad

Sent from my iPad using iPF.net

Contact apple and see if they will provide a refund.

Sent from my WiFi Only Black 64GB iPad with Retina Display in NYC using Tapatalk HD