What's new

IOS 7 and Music

hardcharger

Reaction score
I picked up my first iphone last year (iphone 5) and I have really enjoyed it. I have all the latest updates for IOS 7 and itunes and initially I thought the upgrades were great unitl recently. I bought the iphone so I could have my music with me at all times and I purchase a lot of music through itunes but lately, since installing IOS 7, I am having major issues. I can't even sync without having to wait for several hours or needing to backup or restore the phone itself. I know this is a result of IOS 7 because my ipod touch (4th gen) is not having issues and I did not have issues before upgrading (it was smooth sailing the whole time). I add music (mostly by cd) frequently and I am becoming very dissatisfied with how difficult this process has become. I have over 7000 songs on my phone so rebooting or restoring is not really an option every time I sync my phone (which is what the Apple Care folks want me to do everytime I call). At this point I am afraid to do any syncing which is a shame because this is a big reason I bought the phone in the first place (not to mention that now it takes forever to add songs to a playlist, ugh.). Will I jump back to Android anytime soon, definately not but I am very dissapointed...

Am I alone here or does anyone else have similar concerns?

I had this issue even before the update. It happens mostly when not connected to Wifi. I am hoping for a fix soon.