What's new

Ios 6 hard reset problems/trouble?

bikela

Reaction score
Since I upgrade to ios 6 my iphone 4 won't do a hard reset! What gives!?

Perhaps u should give more details. What's it doing when you try?

Sometime it just turns off, sometimes it takes a pic, sometimes it does voice thing, sometimes nothing. B4 Ios6 I would just hold the 2 buttons, it would say swipe to turn off, I'd continue holding, it would turn off & then right back on. Sometimes a white loading bar would appear (rarely tho). Too many functions for 1 or 2 buttons if u ask me!

Cant hard reset mine either. Seems to be a rather important function to be omitted from the new OS

I am guessing that you are probably not holding the buttons down long enough. They took out the "Power Off" notification with iOS6 (probably because it was confusing people to turn off, which is not a hard reset). There shouldn't be any bars appearing....wait for the Apple logo to appear and then release both buttons.

Oh okay then I guess the hard reset did work. I wasn't aware that they took out the option to power down the phone when u did that. That option would always appear right before the phone reset. Hey so what is it that happens when the phone turns back on immediately after a hard reset & the white waiting/downloading bar appears (it looks exactly like the install/download screen when u upgrade to a newer ios. The last step)?

If anybody wants to restart/reset their iphone/ipad its very simple. But at what condition we should reset them.

Last edited by a moderator:
iOS6 has a one-step reboot. Simply hold down the on/off button on the top of the phone until the red off swipe option appears.

iOS6 has a one-step reboot. Simply hold down the on/off button on the top of the phone until the red off swipe option appears.

You're a year late with this thread. And all that does is power off the phone. To do a hard reset you hold the on/off button and the home button until the apple logo appears. Then let go and wait for the reboot.