What's new

iOS 6 downgrading

Multisupermono

Reaction score
Is there any way to downgrade iOS 6 to 5.1.1 on an unactivated iPhone? Any help is much appreciated

Can you do this with an iPhone 3GS?

Basically on the back of my other thread, it looks like i'm going to be forced to 'upgrade' to 6.0 from 5.0.1 which i really don't want to do. I've put my case on 3 forums but the help i've received on some hasn't worked & on others i've currently received no help.

I saved my SHSH blobs (although i don't know how to use them) using redsn0w.

I'd like to downgrade from 6.0 to either 5.1.1 or 5.0.1 again.

1) Can i do this in my situation?
2) If yes, how?

If you have either the 5.1.1 or 5.0.1 SHSH blobs, then yes you can. There's a sticky actually by f4780y about downgrading using SHSH blobs.

TUTORIAL - Downgrade iPad1 to 5.0.1 using SHSH Blobs and redsn0wFollow the instructions and replace 5.1 with your current 6.0 and 5.0.1 with 5.1.1/5.0.1. Once you're done and rejailbroken, go and get "No Update" from Cydia to block any future iOS changes unless you want to upgrade to it by choice.

If you have either the 5.1.1 or 5.0.1 SHSH blobs, then yes you can. There's a sticky actually by f4780y about downgrading using SHSH blobs.

TUTORIAL - Downgrade iPad1 to 5.0.1 using SHSH Blobs and redsn0wFollow the instructions and replace 5.1 with your current 6.0 and 5.0.1 with 5.1.1/5.0.1. Once you're done and rejailbroken, go and get "No Update" from Cydia to block any future iOS changes unless you want to upgrade to it by choice.
Thanks for the clarification.

I was on 5.0.1 prior to the upgrade, but listed in my blobs was also 5.1.1.

Would this mean i can use a 5.1.1 restore, or would it have to be 5.0.1 as it was 5.0.1 that was installed on the actual phone at the time of saving my SHSH blobs?

Just to post back:

The downgrade to 5.0.1 worked it seems. Just wondering whether i can use my blobs to use the same method to upgrade to 5.1.1..??

cherryhesh said:
Why not the 4S? We were all told to save our SHSH that they would come in handy at iOS 6 time. And Apple 's still signing 5.1.1... So.. ??
A bootrom exploit (which is what's required to downgrade iOS) hasn't been found on the 4S as of yet.

A bootrom exploit (which is what's required to downgrade iOS) hasn't been found on the 4S as of yet.
I'm referring to people who have 5.1.1 now on a 4S going up to 6.0 and then wanting to go back to 5.1.1 again. Not possible - even though Apple's still signing 5.1,1?

cherryhesh said:
I'm referring to people who have 5.1.1 now on a 4S going up to 6.0 and then wanting to go back to 5.1.1 again. Not possible - even though Apple's still signing 5.1,1?
It's my understanding that Apple is no longer signing 5.1.1. Can anyone else confirm or deny this? Either way.... it's not possible to downgrade iOS versions on a 4S.

Thomasjtsi said:
It's my understanding that Apple is no longer signing 5.1.1. Can anyone else confirm or deny this? Either way.... it's not possible to downgrade iOS versions on a 4S.

Marilyn posted on ipadforums that the signing window for 5.1.1 is closed.

Sent from my iPad using iPF.net