What's new

iOS 6 Bugs !! Report here..

After using assistive touch home button to close anything my phone does not go to sleep. It stays on until I press the power button. I used the assistive touch button last night before bed znd forgot to press the lock button so my phone was awake all night until the battery died! I woke up to a hot dead phone. Anyone have this problem? Is there a fix?

I had notice also that my phone wasn't turning off when using the assistive touch button. What I did find to make the phone turn off is by doing this:

1-press the assistive touch button.
2-Press the "device" button.
3-press the "Lock Screen" icon button.

By doing this, it locks your screen and puts it to sleep mode.

I guess I should have originally posted this here:

I have an iPhone 4 with ios6.0.1 and use Microsoft Exchange to manage multiple gmail calendars.

Some of my events show up as appointments instead of normal events (this seems to happen on calendars other than my main default calendar).
I have tried turning on/off calendars, removing and adding them back, syncing, etc but the problem is still there. The appointments of course can not be edited, only options are 'accept, decline, maybe'.

Any suggestions would be appreciated, thanks.

It appears to work correctly if I create an event in my default calendar and then change it to another calendar. Still, I would prefer to create events in their proper calendar from the start.

Last edited by a moderator:
I have a lead for my mini cooper with a usb and aux jack lead since updating to IOS6 the lead will now not work in my car . I have a iphone 3gs

I encountered a new problem. The App Store doesn't Update my apps. It shows the Apps that needed to be updated but when I click Update somehow it didn't complete the Installation.

Is this a bug in iOS 6? Or problem with App Store ?

rcshaw777 said:
I encountered a new problem. The App Store doesn't Update my apps. It shows the Apps that needed to be updated but when I click Update somehow it didn't complete the Installation.

Is this a bug in iOS 6? Or problem with App Store ?

Try rebooting your iPhone. Try pressing the home and power buttons simultaneously until the Apple logo appears, then release. When the reboot finishes, try the App updates again.

I hate it when there is a application update and the update s not possible on my original iPad because apple is not nice enough to make the new software upgrade to 6.0.

Sent from my 64gb iPad 1

OneMarcil said:
I hate it when there is a application update and the update s not possible on my original iPad because apple is not nice enough to make the new software upgrade to 6.0.

Sent from my 64gb iPad 1

Not really the place for this post, but as we've had the debate ad nauseous on ipadforums, I don't mind replying here. Your iPad 1 has reached it's limit in terms of upgradability. With half the RAM of newer models, the extra requirements of the latest versions of iOS would have rendered it all but useless, and without a downgrade path to revert back to the last version of iOS 5, you would have been stuck. There have been many members of ipadforums who have regretted upgrading their iPad 2 and 3 models, and have actually posted to say they are jealous of iPad 1 owners who never had the temptation, and therefore never had the problems.

Your iPad 1 is still serviceable and will still do everything that it could. App updates take advantage of features that your iPad is not capable of using, both in terms of software and hardware. Apple actually did the right thing, by making the last version of iOS 5 the optimum for the original. iPad.

Sorry. I know this is not what you want to read, but it is what it is. Hardware becomes obsolete. Your iPad has some life left in it yet, but the path to obsolescence has started.

KevinJS is SPOT on. There simply isn't enough RAM to run the OS and a decent sized Application anymore. Users are simply demanding more from their Applications. The average application size has grown over 15% in the last 6 months alone. At this rate, we could see 2 gigabyte apps very shortly.

I checked on eBay and iPad 1 are selling for a higher price than I expected to see. I upgraded my iPhone 4s to version 6.0. No problems do far except like others wrote the screen dims on occasion even when I have the option set to not automatically set brightness. Not a real big problem for me as long as the careen brightens up.

Sent from my 64gb iPad 1

Last edited:
dont know if this is a bug but about 2 or 3 weeks since i upgraded to ios 6 my text notification goes up but i either wont recieve a text or ill get one a couple mins later. it just happened again and its starting to piss me off. can anyone help me?

Safari crashes on my IP4 . Goes back springboard to often to make Safari useful. I have to use another browser.