What's new

iOS 6 Beta 4 Release Reveals No YouTube App

Maura

iPhoneForums.Net News Team
Staff member
Reaction score
7717-ios-6-beta-4-youtube.JPG

AppleInsider reports today that the release on Monday of iOS 6 beta 4 to developers has already thrown up at least one significant shock, with the news that the YouTube app, which has been a staple of iOS for the past few years, appears to be missing from the build. According to AppleInsider, it has been confirmed by people who have installed the beta on their devices today that the Apple-developed YouTube app is not included in the beta. This may not mean anything, of course. It’s possible that it will return in the next beta, or for the final gold beta and the version that is released to the public. On the other hand, as AppleInsider points out, the fact that Google owns You Tube could have something to do with the matter, and the possible elimination of the YouTube app from iOS 6 could be reflective of increasing tensions between Google and Apple, which have also been evidenced in Apple’s completely de-Googling its new iOS Maps app that will soon be appearing in iOS 6.

Source: Apple removes YouTube app from iOS with beta 4 release of iOS 6

Google working on a "new" release of YouTube for the new IOS6...so not worried it's not on beta4 version....

maybe its replacement will be a lot better, the current official youtube app is very basic and needed and upgrade

maybe its replacement will be a lot better, the current official youtube app is very basic and needed and upgrade

Of course it will be better! The stock app really needed some work, so the fact that Google is working on an app is a good thing. Hopefully it will be similar to the jailbreak tweak YouTube Pro.

GS3

Of course it will be better! The stock app really needed some work, so the fact that Google is working on an app is a good thing. Hopefully it will be similar to the jailbreak tweak YouTube Pro.

GS3

you would think so...

Cant say I ever use the stock app I just delete it. I hope apple adds the ability to delete those stock apps like weather and stocks

you would think so...

Cant say I ever use the stock app I just delete it. I hope apple adds the ability to delete those stock apps like weather and stocks

There's a lot of things I hoped Apple would do, but they want. To get the user experience I desired from iOS, I would have to jailbreak my device. I simply wish Apple would listen, they feel like their the best thing since sliced bread. They also know regardless of the lack of functionality in their products they will sale like crazy. But at least their allowing Google to build a YouTube app. I hope Apple maps work out as well.

GS3