What's new

IOS 5xx unlock

nyangejr

Reaction score
S there a way to unlocking iOS 5 on BB06.15 new bootroom via Cydia then remove Cydia using RedSnow so as to just have a normal boot?

What carrier are you on and i dont believe you can do that.

iJeff said:
What carrier are you on and i dont believe you can do that.

No, I haven't tried that, was asking. And actually i'm from Tanzania, totally unofficial carrier

Jmills87 said:
No, you must remain jailbroken in order to maintain the unlock.

Actually my 3GS used to unlock itself when I connect it to iTunes after first restore(IPSW created via iFaith) and I get the network without even ultrasn0w. I don't know how i'm getting the network unlocked so easily

Actually my 3GS used to unlock itself when I connect it to iTunes after first restore(IPSW created via iFaith) and I get the network without even ultrasn0w. I don't know how i'm getting the network unlocked so easily

The only way that would happen is if the phone was factory unlocked. If it's not factory unlocked the ONLY way you can unlock it is by being jailbroken and installing ultrasn0w.

Jmills87 said:
The only way that would happen is if the phone was factory unlocked. If it's not factory unlocked the ONLY way you can unlock it is by being jailbroken and installing ultrasn0w.

Well I'll wait 4 pod2g untethered jailbreak release then. Thanks

nyangejr said:
Well I'll wait 4 pod2g untethered jailbreak release then. Thanks

Oh, I updated to iOS 5.0.1 today, got network working on my unofficial carrier(I guess it's factory unlocked). I don't really enjoy the tethered boot, used to crash when I tested on iOS 5 a month ago. I miss having the 'Delivery reports', AnyRing, Barrel, BiteSms, etc etc