What's new

iOS 5 JB wont reload after tweak download.

Del

Reaction score
Whenever I download a tweak or something from cydia and it says restart springboard it just goes to a loading screen and cydia is useless until I do a tethered boot. What am I doing wrong? I think I am just dumbing it up.

You're not doing anything wrong. What you just described is exactly what having a tethered jailbreak means. You have to boot tethered EVERY time the phone reboots.

So every time it says restart springboard I need to do a tethered reboot?

I have a smiler problem....my iphone 4 is jailborken and has been for sometime! i installed a tweak from cydia the application which enables the screen to rotate just like my ipad. Now my phone will not boot when using the tethered method using redsn0w. the phone boots fine when using the semi tether application on Cydia?? unsure what to do now :(

I would remove the last cydia tweak you installed. I know it's unfortunate but should fix your issue

How can i remove the tweak? i cannot gain access to Cydia as my iphone will only boot in the semi-tether state? if i try to use the 'just boot' option on redsn0w all i get is the little wheel in the middle of the screen and i left it for over an hour and nothing changed....i really dont want to have to restore my entire device!

Thanks for you help

jmills87- thanks for that, I have downloaded that software but are unable to locate the files which cydia would of downloaded and then installed on my iphone - apologies for the double post i just wanted to insure i was completely clear on what my issue was!

Thanks again for you help