What's new

IOS 5 Has Not Been on My iphone 4 for a Week and Already Had to Restore!!! UGGHHH!!!!

tlbaker

Reaction score
Couldn't get rid of my old Apple ID off of the App Store app!!! I tried everything. Now waiting for 77 apps to download on my phone. Fun, fun, fun!!! :(

Sent from my Verizon 64GB Black iPad2 using iPF.net

I had that happen. Went to store and logged out logged back in. Then went to my iTunes on iPhone and found the two songs that I had downloaded way back in the day. Deleted them and now all is well. The other ID does not show up any more.

specialcarenurse said:
I had that happen. Went to store and logged out logged back in. Then went to my iTunes on iPhone and found the two songs that I had downloaded way back in the day. Deleted them and now all is well. The other ID does not show up any more.

I am still getting the old id when they want me to update the apps purchased with the old Id. So now I have to deleted them and reinstall under the new id. PAIN!!!

Sent from my Verizon Black 32GB iPad using iPF.net

I am still getting the old id when they want me to update the apps purchased with the old Id. So now I have to deleted them and reinstall under the new id. PAIN!!!

I wound of having to do that. I got the new iPhone 4s -- backed up to icloud..... restored... then had that problem you described and battery drain issues. Went to Apple Store... diagnostic test..... something in software from back up... So i went to restore as new..... adding my apps slowly... so far so good!! No old ID's ... and battery better.....

specialcarenurse said:
I wound of having to do that. I got the new iPhone 4s -- backed up to icloud..... restored... then had that problem you described and battery drain issues. Went to Apple Store... diagnostic test..... something in software from back up... So i went to restore as new..... adding my apps slowly... so far so good!! No old ID's ... and battery better.....

I wonder if I should restore as new. That's MORE work though. It ain't easy lol. :)

I wonder if I should restore as new. That's MORE work though. It ain't easy lol. :)

that is the only thing that worked for mine... The iCloud will restore your contacts.... but you will have to add your apps back . Make sure you back up your pictures. Also, do not use a backup restore... RESTORE AS NEW.....

Good luck....

I backed up to my computer... Haven't worked up the courage to do the upgrade yet.... Will that work? Computer I mean? Why iCloud? Better?

LDHunter said:
I backed up to my computer... Haven't worked up the courage to do the upgrade yet.... Will that work? Computer I mean? Why iCloud? Better?

You will have to eventually... I would imagine things will start to not work well without the upgrade. Check out IOS 5 update On the apple website which also talks about cloud. Articles are all over the Internet about it. Cloud synchs all your devices data, music, and photos. Also, check out macworld any of the tech magazines out there.

Let us know how you make out. ;)