What's new

Ios 5.1 update, anyone notice

Status
Not open for further replies.

ipazol

Reaction score
As anyone noticed the 4G branding at the top of your phone.
I have noticed it does not change from 4G to 3G if you are not in a 4G area.
Is this a permanent branding or should it change like 3G and edge did.

Sent from my iPhone 4S using iPF.net

I can't believe AT&T got Apple to do that....

I know.
If its not going to show your true network, than that's false advertisement.

its because it can reach speeds of up to what 4g can so technically its not 4g but it can get similar speeds

its because it can reach speeds of up to what 4g can so technically its not 4g but it can get similar speeds

Not even close. Dual Channel HSPA+ can't even reach half of the speed of LTE's full specification. HSPA+ is even slower.

I have the 4G on my phone as well after the update for ATT&T, for the iPhone 4S, but with the iPhone 4, it was not there, and we do have the 4G n our area.....so is the speed 4G or not.....:confused:

ipazol said:
As anyone noticed the 4G branding at the top of your phone.
I have noticed it does not change from 4G to 3G if you are not in a 4G area.
Is this a permanent branding or should it change like 3G and edge did.

It doesn't get 4G data speed. It's just a good 3G connection. The iPhone has to have 4GLTE antenna installed upon manufacturing.

The iPhone 4S does not support 4G LTE. The 4G symbol is just there. Seriously....wtf is up with that.

Last edited:
It does get 4G data speed. It's just a good 3G connection. The iPhone had to have 4GLTE antenna install upon manufacturing.

The iPhone 4S does not support 4G LTE. The 4G symbol is just there.

Ok, Thanks...I was wondering, but the Speed is faster, a lot faster.....:cool:

The new upgrade on the 4S seems to have a better signal now that it shows 4G. I believe that a iPhone 4S is only capable of being a 3G phone not a 4G phone. Maybe the new iPhone will be a 4G phone. AT&T only has a few areas that are 4G
Lte.

teddy2789 said:
Ok, Thanks...I was wondering, but the Speed is faster, a lot faster.....:cool:

The speed is proly faster because iOS 5.1 handles loading times better.......maybe. I just know its not true 4G speed.....or 4G network for that matter.

Status
Not open for further replies.