What's new

4G For iPhone On Jailbroken 5.0.1 With '4G For iPhone 4' CYDIA TWEAK

PhilSynowiec

iPhoneForums.net News Team
Reaction score

In iOS 5.1, Apple and AT&T decided to change the 3G logo to a 4G logo since the iPhone 4S runs on AT&T's HSPA+ network. No, the update did not give you 4G, it's just the logo that changed, your phone will still have the same speeds. Since there is no untethered Jailbreak for iOS 5.1 as of now, you can stay up to date by changing out your logo on iOS 5.0.1. The Cydia package '4G for iPhone 4' will swap out your 3G logo with the official iOS 4G logo. Now you can look cool like the rest of the bunch. Enable this in Winterboard and after a respring, the logo will fall right before your eyes. 4G for iPhone 4 can be found in the Cydia Store under the ModMyi Repo for FREE. Works on iPad too!

Last edited by a moderator:
HSPA+ is not a true 4G network. It's just a 3g network on steroids.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk

It's actually a theme.;) Not a tweak. Tho WinterBoard is a tweak.lol

I've tried some Cydia apps to change 3G on statusbar to 4G on my ip 4S. I resprung and used winter board to select. I rebooted and no luck.
Seems ip4s will not make the change for me.
Any help with thanks ?

joepa said:
I've tried some Cydia apps to change 3G on statusbar to 4G on my ip 4S. I resprung and used winter board to select. I rebooted and no luck.
Seems ip4s will not make the change for me.
Any help with thanks ?

All you have to do is select it in WinterBoard and then respring "with" WinterBoard. You have to use WinterBoard to respring or the changes will not take place.