What's new

iOS 5.1 Reminder e-mails

jscollin

Reaction score
I have an iPhone 4s running iOS 5.1. I use the reminders app for tons of stuff, including keeping a grocery list. That grocery list is shared with my wife so we can both see and update it on our iPhones. Since I upgraded to iOS 5.1, everytime that she adds an item to the list I get an e-mail telling me that it was added. This is very annoying and am wondering why it is doing that and how to stop it. Thanks

I have an iPhone 4s running iOS 5.1. I use the reminders app for tons of stuff, including keeping a grocery list. That grocery list is shared with my wife so we can both see and update it on our iPhones. Since I upgraded to iOS 5.1, everytime that she adds an item to the list I get an e-mail telling me that it was added. This is very annoying and am wondering why it is doing that and how to stop it. Thanks

I have exactly same issue. Extremely annoying....

Which email account is the alert being sent to?

The e-mails are going to whoever created the reminder when someone else adds or deletes something from it.

Ok, I can't find a single option to turn it on or off. And google is getting too many hits on the wrong subject. But I am rather interested in this even though I don't have the problem. So I will keep looking.

jscollin, for fun you could test a theory for me. Could you create a Notes entry that syncs to both phones and edit them to see if that generates an update email?

I am trying to see if this is a system wide issue for iCloud or a specific app issue.

Thanks. Again, never had this issue before upgrading to iOS 5.1

I just noticed that if you login from a computer to iCloud.com and look at your shared reminders, there is an option to "email me when reminders are updated" this is NOT selected and I am still getting email updates

Toggle it the other way, let it stay that way for an hour, then toggle it back off. Could simply be a default setting issue that didn't clear properly.

I don't know how to share a notes entry. The phones are on different iCloud accounts.

How are you sharing Reminders then??? I thought you had to have the same iCloud account on both devices to see the same Reminders list.

You go into iCloud.com, calendars, then you will see your reminders on the left of the screen. Click on the little icon by the reminder and select share. Type in the email address and the other person has to login and accept.

I tried toggling on and off the box as suggested, deleting and recreating the reminders but nothing seems to work.... Very annoying. I had 35 emails after my wife finished the groceries today! Then she had 35 more after I deleted them all...

Thanks for the lesson on how to do it. Had no idea you could. And WOW on the number of emails.

Maybe there is a different way to skin this cat.

Remove your wife's phone from your Reminders setup. Now add your iCloud account to her phone under Mail/Contacts/Calendars. Set everything to off except Reminder.

I have my wife's phone setup this way with my iCloud account so she can see my Photo Stream but doesn't share anything else.