What's new

iPhone 4 not pushing e-mails anymore

adrianch0

Reaction score
Hello,

Since one or two days ago my iPhone 4 stopped pushing my e-mails which i find really disturbing because this was one of the things that I liked the most about my iPhone. The iOS is 4.3 and so far I have tried to delete the account, restart (and also reset) the phone, then add the account, but not a single notification about new e-mail pops up.

Any suggestions how this issue can be resolved?

Make sure under Settings -> Mail, Contacts, Calendars -> Fetch New Data is setup properly. If you are using a mail service that has Push capabilites, make sure to turn Push to On. If does not, set the Fetch to the desired interval.

If those setting are correct, the next step is to go to Settings -> Notifications -> Mail and setup the type of alert you want.

How it is supposed to be adjusted actually? I have the phone for 5 months now and I just inserted my log-in details once when I got it, and push notifications were working properly. I had set fetch on manually and push to ON. what else is there that can be adjusted?

If push is on, then you need to check the second step I listed.

If those setting are correct, the next step is to go to Settings -> Notifications -> Mail and setup the type of alert you want.

Mail is not listed under the Settings -> notifications. I assume that this may be because Mail is a stock app?

It should be listed because it is a stock app. Which means if you truly can't find it in the notification center, that explains why you aren't getting alerts now.

So double check every app listed to make sure it isn't there. And if it isn't, then you need to do a full back up and then restore of your phone.

So far I also tried to set up my Gmail account (one that I usually do not use) as an Microsoft Exchange account and the notification was working correctly. My default e-mail is in Yahoo! but I cannot setup Yahoo! as an Microsoft Exchange. This is why I think that it should not appear in the notification center.

Individual accounts never show up in Notification center. Only the Mail app itself does. And you can't setup Yahoo as an Exchange account.

Just tested my Yahoo! account and got the notification in less than 10 seconds after the email was sent.

You could try one last thing. Delete the Yahoo! account. Hold the Power Button and Home Button down at the same time. Keep them help till the Apple icon appears in the middle of the screen. Let go of the buttons. This will do a hard reset. When the phone is done rebooting try adding the Yahoo! account back and then test.

Done this several times already, for the past two days. It seems like all the things that should help don't...

Could be something wrong with my account, and probably not my fault, but who knows...