What's new

Help!! All e-mail not updating getting "Cannot Connect to Server" message.

mubou

Reaction score
This morning my wife's brand new White 4S. Would not update her e-mail for her Yahoo!, or G-mail accounts. The update wheel just kept spinning and eventually a dialogue box came up the said "Cannot Connect To Server" for all of her e-mail accounts. Her exchange server e-mail from her office seemed to work fine.

I have all of the same setting in my 4S and it works like a charm. I check her setting and they all seemerd to match mine. I tried to connect both with Wi-Fi and 3G (which were both running perfectly on my phone sitting right next to hers) to no avail. Strangely, mail was trickling in slowly, but the update pinwheel never stopped spinning and her updated date is from yesterday afternoon.

I restored her entire iPhone from the cloud. I turned her phone off and on, still no luck. It took 3 weeks to arrive after pre-ordering, it has the battery problem (I don't know if the time zone thing has cured that yet. Thanks everyone!) and this too? She's ready to throw it out of the window. But I'll probably be the one thrown out of a window. I'm supposed to find a fix. If anyone has experience with this e-mail server issue...HELP!!!!

Thanks. Will do. Ill let you know how it goes.

Please keep us posted and let us know how thinks went. I personally use gmail as exchange and works like a champ, to me is the best way to have gmail on iOS.