What's new

iOS 5.1 not available for iphone 4 any more?

yage

Reaction score
I have been using iphone 3 for 3 years and got new iphone 4 (not 4S as don't want to spend too many bucks:s) about 2 weeks ago. The OS coing with the new the iphone 4 was 5.0.1 I as I rember. A new days ago I noticed a notification on the phone saying update is avaible, so I tapped "Ok" and it got upgraded to iOS 5.1 (not using iTunes, but on the phone directly). Yesterday I needed to reset the phone. So it went back to 5.0.1 ater i did a full reset. Now when I check the software update (settings->General-> Software ipdate), it always says "iOS 5.0.1 Your software 5.0.1 is up to date". and I also connected the phone to iTunes, it says the same thing. Not sure why it is like that... did apple kick iphone 4 out for the 5.1 upgrade? unforunately I didn't do a backup after the backup, otherwise I can restore it to 5.1.

Anyone has any idea?

iOS 5.1 was just sent to developers for beta testing last week. It is not available to the general public yet. I think you may have just read something incorrectly.

I just looked Amd can send screen shot maybe 5.1 without the zero???
My is is 5.01 up to date.

It was my mistake.... I read the veriosn wrong. I think my phone came in with 5.0, and it was upgraded to 5.0.1, not 5.1