What's new

Ios 5.0.1

iHolophyte said:
What does OTA stand for? Over the air maybe? Wouldn't it be easier to type wifi?

Sent from my iPhone 4 iOS 5.0.1 using Tapatalk

Well no. Seeing as OTA = over the air update. And wifi = wireless Internet. They are totally different.

What does OTA stand for? Over the air maybe? Wouldn't it be easier to type wifi?

Sorry was just writing what everyone else was writing, Over the air seemed to be right as l wasn't doing it through iTunes?

Well no. Seeing as OTA = over the air update. And wifi = wireless Internet. They are totally different.

Are they? Care to elaborate on that for me. Over the air and wifi to me mean pretty much the same thing.

Are they? Care to elaborate on that for me. Over the air and wifi to me mean pretty much the same thing.

hmm,food for thought there.

hmm,food for thought there.

Ha ha is it? I know he means wifi is wireless Internet, but ain't you using wireless Internet to download? I'm sure some tech will pull me to one side and give me layman terms for OTA & WIFI

You 3G is finished with updates from Apple. IOS 5 and beyond will not be downloaded on any phone older than the 3GS.
bc

Bourbon City said:
You 3G is finished with updates from Apple. IOS 5 and beyond will not be downloaded on any phone older than the 3GS.
bc

No, he means 3G as opposed to wifi for downloading updates.

Sent from my iPhone using iPF.net

iphone4ever said:
No, he means 3G as opposed to wifi for downloading updates.

Sent from my iPhone using iPF.net

Exactly. Wifi is just one of the "wireless" technologies for downloading updates, therefore OTA is not the same as wifi.

Of course i'm assuming that you can download updates via 3G...

Anyhoo...

I just updated mine this morning, took about 5 minutes.