What's new

Ios 5.0.1

hotdigiti

Reaction score
Anyone updated yet?

Wanted to try the over the air update, only
55mb in size but my wifi is broke so did it through iTunes 800mb.

Just done it over wifi. Just 55mb. Was slightly nervous while waiting, but now it's done, seems ok so far!

I'm not seeing it as available on over-the-air update yet. Anyone else having this issue?

There is no need to be nervous, it downloads only whats new in the firmware and does an update rather then a restore so you lose nothing and it downloads much quicker.

Nemesis said:
I'm not seeing it as available on over-the-air update yet. Anyone else having this issue?

Maybe they make it available one region at a time? I'm in the UK, and checked and found it about 30mins ago.

Unleashed said:
There is no need to be nervous, it downloads only whats new in the firmware and does an update rather then a restore so you lose nothing and it downloads much quicker.

Looks quite serious when it comes up with the black screen with apple logo and progress bar, especially when the progress bar didn't start moving for like 3 minutes! All done now though :)

yeah, I got a little worried the first time because i was on ios 5 beta and it sat there updating for over an hour but now it does not take long at all

I just updated OTA on wifi took 5 mins for the download and about 3 mins for the phone to update and reboot:)

it was quick for me for update over wifi......hopefully battery will last longer then before

Still not showing up on OTA updates for my iPhone 4S. I really don't want to have to sync with my PC again, I thought the beauty of iOS 5 was that it cut the cord. Where's my update?!

What does this update do other than "allegedly" improving battery life? Because, honestly, I am more than happy with the battery life of my iPhone 4S. I just don't want to do anything that's going to make it worse than it is now.

What does this update do other than "allegedly" improving battery life? Because, honestly, I am more than happy with the battery life of my iPhone 4S. I just don't want to do anything that's going to make it worse than it is now.

bug fixes really nothing more

Same here, left it to iTunes.
I'm impressed so far though, it's certainly not a gimmick. I had my location services, cloud etc switched off, but now all is on and running fine.