What's new

iOS 5.0.1 Build Released by Apple to Fix iPhone 4S SIM Card Error

Maura

iPhoneForums.Net News Team
Staff member
Reaction score
4093-sim-error.JPG

MacRumors reports that Apple has just released a new build of iOS 5.0.1, build 9A406, which is apparently only intended for those who are newly installing iOS 5.0.1, and which it would appear has been designed to solve a very specific problem that some people have been having with SIM card error messages. Apparently some users have been getting a "No Service" or "No SIM Card Installed" error message on their iPhone 4S, with the phone having problems recognizing the micro-SIM card that has been installed. The problem also sees the status bar showing the "Searching" or "No Service" message even in areas with good service. The user is instructed to back up and restore their phone, during which process build 9A406 will be downloaded and installed. According to MacRumors, it seems as if the process has had mixed results in terms of solving the issue, with some users reporting no change at all, so it's back to the drawing board for them and Apple!

Source: New iOS 5.0.1 Build 9A406 Intended to Fix 'No SIM Card' Errors on iPhone 4S - Mac Rumors

Last edited:
I JUST PURCHEASED IPHONE 4S, AND I GOT THE MESSAGE SIM FAILURE,
I UNDERSTOOD THAT I'M PART OF BIG COMMUNITY WITH THIS ISSUE,
ANY CLUE ABOUT THE SOLUTION?,
DO I HAVE TO RETURN IT TO MY SUPLIER?,
DOES APPLE GOING TO SOLVE THIS PROBLEM?,
IS THIS SOFTWARE ISSUE?.

THANKS FOR REPLY
Michael

I JUST PURCHEASED IPHONE 4S, AND I GOT THE MESSAGE SIM FAILURE,
I UNDERSTOOD THAT I'M PART OF BIG COMMUNITY WITH THIS ISSUE,
ANY CLUE ABOUT THE SOLUTION?,
DO I HAVE TO RETURN IT TO MY SUPLIER?,
DOES APPLE GOING TO SOLVE THIS PROBLEM?,
IS THIS SOFTWARE ISSUE?.

THANKS FOR REPLY
Michael

well if a new version of 5.0.1 was released to adress this issue then you should be able to restore and have the newer version on your device with the fix to your problem, try that but make sure you backup first

I do reinstall the IOS 5.0.1 with no success i have the same sim failure problem.
Any more ideas?

Thanks
Michael