What's new

iOS 4.3 Out Now!

Maura

iPhoneForums.Net News Team
Staff member
Reaction score
iOS_4_3_launch.JPG

Apple has today released iOS 4.3 for iPhone 4 (GSM), iPhone 3GS, iPad, iPod touch (4th and 3rd gen), which is available right now by connecting your iPhone to iTunes. Possibly the most important part of the update for iPhone users is the personal hotspot facility for the GSM iPhone 4 (the Verizon already has it built in), which enables you to use your iPhone 4 as a personal wireless hotspot for up to five devices. The default number of devices that can be connected is set to three, with carriers deciding individually if they want to enable the full five. Other new features ushered in by iOS 4.3 include iTunes Home Sharing, which enables you to play music, films and TV from a shared iTunes library on a Mac or PC, new AirPlay features, such as the ability to play videos from the Photos app and slideshows from Photos on Apple TV, and an HD video out facility compatible with the Apple Digital AV Adapter, as well as new Ping features such as push notifications for comments and follow requests. Enhanced Safari performance has also been incorporated into iOS 4.3, courtesy of the Apple Nitro JavaScript engine.
Enjoy!

Source: Apple

Downloading it now. Nice to have it a day early. Be interested to see when the Verizon iPhones get the update.

Downloading it for the 3GS now. The 4G will be staying on 4.2.1 unless it proves worthwhile to loose the jailbreak for a bit.

Really didn't expect it today...

^ guess you don't really read idevice related forums since they been expecting it since yesterday.

I do, but since apple themselves announced it wouldn't be available until the 11th I took their word over the rumor mill. Guess I will be more open minded next time...

I upgraded to 4.3. This time it did not erase my internet setting . With previous upgrade I had to reprogram my internet setting.
I have factory unlock phone.

Hi Gang, I have a question cause I am fairly new to this?...If I sink to Itunes lets say for my music, do I have to update to the 4.3?...Will it automatically download the new version?...Or can I just say no don't download?

No you don't have to. It will ask you if you want to download the new upgrade.
you can say no.

Hi Gang, I have a question cause I am fairly new to this?...If I sink to Itunes lets say for my music, do I have to update to the 4.3?...Will it automatically download the new version?...Or can I just say no don't download?

when you plug in your iphone into itunes it will say there is a new version and it will give you three options.

1. download firmware only

2. download and install

3. cancel