What's new

Ios 4.2 question?

umarrehman187

Reaction score
When it comes out and i update will i lose my jb? Im on 4.1?

And if it does lose jb can i jb it agen on 4.2 and can i install all my apps on it?

Yes, you will havetoo jailbreak again. But the good news is the current JB should work so you will be able to reinstall all your jailbroken tweaks.

cydia is not even ready for 4.2 yet, i wonder how much of a delay there will be this time due to cydia not being ready not because there is no jb lol

Is there anything in 4.2 that even warrants updating? If it's a minor update, I don't think I'd even bother with it.

Is there anything in 4.2 that even warrants updating? If it's a minor update, I don't think I'd even bother with it.

few websites have some updates info like printing. but even if the upgrade had no updates i would update lol even minor updates that i dont notice i still update

[/quote]few websites have some updates info like printing. but even if the upgrade had no updates i would update lol even minor updates that i dont notice i still update[/QUOTE]

My problems is that my service provider (Hughesnet) has a daily download limit and the iPhone updates are at least twice that size. So I either have to get up at 2:00 in the morning to download during "free time" or drive 20 miles to Starbucks and use their wifi. Not worth the trouble for an insignificant update, especially if it requires me to jailbreak all over again.

ouch internet download limits.... that sucks if the limits are so bad that you cant download a 700mb file...

i am using greenpois0n JB atm from os 4.1(8B117) and cydia shsh 4.2b3 (1.0.3222-73) if i upgrade to os 4.2 will it restore my iphone4 all back to original state and i need to JB again? how bout my other apps that been installed do i need to re-install them again?

thanks

Last edited:
i am using greenpois0n JB atm from os 4.1(8B117) and cydia shsh 4.2b3 (1.0.3222-73) if i upgrade to os 4.2 will it restore my iphone4 all back to original state and i need to JB again? how bout my other apps that been installed do i need to re-install them again?

thanks

Yes and yes

So it's better to wait for new cydia version that fully support os 4.2?