What's new

iOS 12 text, email, etc tone issues

leemoknows

Reaction score
Has anyone had issues since upgrading to iOS 12 & 12.1 with their purchased text tones (not ringtones) reverting to the default sound on their device? I’ve tried resetting my phone and treating it as a new device only restoring contacts, but that didn’t help. New iOS updates haven’t helped either. I also tried re-downloading my purchased tones, but no help. I can select any of the default sounds and they work fine. Any ideas?

What’s funny is that I can reset my phone completely and set it up as a new phone and after a few days to a week, the purchased tones and sounds will screw up again. I decided to give up and just selected within the default sounds on the device. Kind of a bummer. [emoji17]

The problem is still going on. My text tone will change up when the phone is open and I’m using the phone. If it’s closed it goes back to normal. I also have beta version in my 8+

So, like magic my email, text, etc tones problem fixed itself. I can only assume it was due to one of the recent updates had fixed it. I noticed them working again sometime after 12.3. I recently upgraded to an iPhone XS and have not had any of these issues on this phone. Hope everyone else have similar issues have had their luck turn around as well.