What's new

iOS 12 and Apple Watch?

IphoneMommy

Reaction score
I updated and then it said my ID and phone number were being used on my husbands Apple Watch??

Anyone else have this? What does that mean? We only share the ID for iTunes and that’s it. He has his own for iMessage?

What do you think??

‍♀️

I updated and then it said my ID and phone number were being used on my husbands Apple Watch??

Anyone else have this? What does that mean? We only share the ID for iTunes and that’s it. He has his own for iMessage?

What do you think??

‍♀️

What this means is, you’re possibly sharing more than just iTunes between each other. If both your iPhones and by extension, Apple Watch devices are registered with the same iTunes account, you’re literally sharing one Apple ID - or might be doing so unknowingly.

This is what I’ve been doing with my wife for the last 5 years at least. She has my old iPhone 5 64GB and an Apple Watch S1 tied to my Apple ID.

Both our iPhones and apple watches are on the same Apple ID, but I am able to configure both devices so that our iMessages, FaceTime, calls and Contacts /remain separate, giving each of us privacy.

I’ve even set up our iPads so that they ring only in response to our individual iPhones making a call, and we can send and receive iMessages on them too.

Tricky, but it can be done. However, if either iPhones settings are played with by a third party, you’ll start getting each other’s iMessages et al.

Maybe the update reset something

So I have the main Apple ID on my phone/watch. He has a separate ID for iMessage and uses my ID ONLY for iTunes.

His watch is paired up to his own Apple ID and not the shared one. SO I don’t know. Still unsure?