What's new

IOS 11 Update Disaster!

mikerh

Reaction score
Hi Everyone

I have an iPhone 6. I updated to new IOS 11 other day.

Since that, my phone has stopped doing these activities:-

- No alerts sounds for Msg, WhatsApp, incoming calls etc.. And yes, I have performed usual
checks !!!
- Subcriptions to Spotify, Apple tunes, Amazon Prime and 3 others
- Will not bluetooth properly to my DAB radio, Denon HiFi, and others
- Dischages quicker and takes all night to re-charge
- Slow response and so on

I am peed off with this. I was at the point of binning the phone yesterday & getting the latest Samsung model.

Of course, all this maybe down to ME!!!!!

My iPad & MacBook will NOT get updated at the moment.

I am interested to know if any other users have experienced these issues please.

Wonder if Apple know about this & addressing this issue. If not, then this guy will ditch all Apple Products soon!

Grumpy Mike

Alert sounds have randomly stopped working for me when I had my iPhone 6. Had nothing to do with updates, it would just randomly stop giving me alerts, and then randomly start giving them again. I'm guessing they'll randomly come back again. No issues with that on my 7.

Quick discharge is experienced by a lot of people, myself included. Like mentioned in another thread, it'll likely sort itself out soon.

I was able to update my phone to 11, but my brother with same exact phone cannot update yet either. I'm guessing it's still rolling out and your iPad and MacBook will eventually be able to update too. My iPad Pro can't update yet either.

Alert sounds have randomly stopped working for me when I had my iPhone 6. Had nothing to do with updates, it would just randomly stop giving me alerts, and then randomly start giving them again. I'm guessing they'll randomly come back again. No issues with that on my 7.

Quick discharge is experienced by a lot of people, myself included. Like mentioned in another thread, it'll likely sort itself out soon.

I was able to update my phone to 11, but my brother with same exact phone cannot update yet either. I'm guessing it's still rolling out and your iPad and MacBook will eventually be able to update too. My iPad Pro can't update yet either.
I think that Mike would be able to update, but was simply expressing his intention to stay on his current software version.

I think that Mike would be able to update, but was simply expressing his intention to stay on his current software version.

Aha JA. Think you have misread my post or or I didn't make it clear. Apologies if I confused you.

I HAVE updated my iPhone 6 three days ago. This list in my 1st Post outlines all the negative issues with the IOS 11 update. I am NOT going to update my iPad or MacBook Pro.

Hope that is as clear as the blue sky!

Bye. Mike

I was able to update my phone to 11, but my brother with same exact phone cannot update yet either. I'm guessing it's still rolling out and your iPad and MacBook will eventually be able to update too. My iPad Pro can't update yet either.[/QUOTE Thanks for your experiences on this issue

Aha JA. Think you have misread my post or or I didn't make it clear. Apologies if I confused you.

I HAVE updated my iPhone 6 three days ago. This list in my 1st Post outlines all the negative issues with the IOS 11 update. I am NOT going to update my iPad or MacBook Pro.

Bye. Mike
I wasn’t confused by your post, no need to apologize. It was clear by reading the major part of your post that one of your devices is already up to date.

There’s another update for your iDevices. iOS 11.0.1 has been released a few hours ago. It came with improvements and bug fixes. Before you try it on your iPad, I suggest updating your iPhone, which is already running iOS 11. Maybe it will help with some of your problems.

Also, I’d suggest giving the software a few days to settle in. Battery drain and sluggishness are common after a major update, because there’s a lot going on in the background, until everything works as it should.

Last edited:

Bye. Mike

No, sorry, that was me that misread your post. JA was pointing it out for me. Once she pointed it out, yeah, it was clearly me that misread it. You wrote it well. I don't blame you for now updating the rest. I no longer want to update my other iDevices either. iOS is messing up all kinds of daily functions on my iPhone.

I've found with new update issues, doing Reset All Settings can cure many things.
Reset All Settings
Go to Settings >General >Reset >Reset All Settings. This resets to default everything in Settings, including notifications, alerts, brightness, and clock settings like wake up alarms.

That and also I have found that powering phone down for a couple minutes after an update helps a bunch as well as performing a hard reset, which is done on my phone with the home button and volume down, (7 Plus). Others will use home and power button. I guess I am just lucky!! Have not had any issues with updates to date!! Now let me go bang on some wood LOL!! Have a great day to All and hopefully the poster will get the issue resolved!!

I upgraded my 6 plus as soon as the update came out. I also preordered the 8 plus, so I only got to check it out on the 6 plus for a week or so. I didn’t experience anything bad like the OP had but did think the battery depleted quicker than before the update. They say thats due to 2 things, 1 the OS does a lot of reorganizing and stuff for the first couple days and you use it a lot more than normal checking out all the new things. I know I did. One thing that happened that I haven’t heard others discuss is that I thought Siri lagged more than normal. She wasn’t as quick to respond.