What's new

iOS 10 Lets You Remove Default Apps

Maura

iPhoneForums.Net News Team
Staff member
Reaction score
iOS 10 removable apps.JPG

Until now, Apple always said that it would be too difficult to make it possible to remove the default iOS apps such as the much-maligned Stocks. That all changed yesterday, with the announcement of iOS 10 at Apple’s WWDC, and the news that many of the pre-installed default apps can now be removed.

Phone Arena has had hands-on time with a development preview of iOS 10, and reports that it’s very easy to remove some of those pesky apps you’ve always wanted to banish from your home screen but have had to simply hide until now. And the good thing is that should you change your mind and suddenly find yourself missing that Stocks icon that has been such a firm fixture on your iOS device, all you have to do is go to the App Store and re-enable it.

It’s worth noting that not all apps can be removed in this way, including Clock, Phone, Messages, as they are an integral part of the way in which your device works.

Those that you can remove include Apple Music, Calculator, Stocks, and Tips.

Source: Yes, you can delete most stock apps in iOS 10: here's a list with the ones you can do away with

A lot of the changes in iOS 10 are cosmetic or change the way to do a particular task but this is the most basic change Apple has ever made to iOS, making it a much more customizable operating system.

Removing stocks apps is a great move on Apples part.....Now if they would give us the rumoured entry level of 32gb I would be a happy bunny.

It would be nice, though I would never get a 32GB model, or 64GB. But 16 should not even be offered.. with the iPad it's already different I forget the exact models but there is no 16GB