What's new

IOS 10.2.1 vs 10.3

Status
Not open for further replies.

Russtopher

Reaction score
Hello

I just picked up a new I Phone SE. It's running IOS 10.2. Do you recommend updating to the newly released 10.3 version? Any noticeable differences?

Thanks
Russ

Hi Russ, Yes, you should update to 10.3.1. As well as one or two bug fixes, there will be security updates.

Last edited:
Hi Russ, Yes, you should update to 10.3.1. As well as one or two bug fixes, there will be security updates.

I guess your correct. Is it much different than IOS 10.2.1? No battery drainage issues, doesn't require mass amounts of memory? My new SE is a 32 gig model.

Thanks

You're welcome. You probably won't notice any great difference. I had no problems with my 6S -( 32 GB also) and yours is a newer device, which will be even more capable of updates.

Last edited:
You're welcome. You probably won't notice any great difference. I had no problems with my 6S -( 32 GB also) and yours is a newer device, which will be even more capable of updates.

Caroline

Do the upgrade through WiFi or I Tunes? Gave my girlfriend my beloved 4s, which she loved. Just bought her an SE, which she loves even more. The G3s, has become a paperweight

Thanks

I did it OTA with WiFi. It took about 25 minutes (it depends on your connection). I always plug my devices in when I do an update, unless it's very small one - Just make sure you have plenty of battery power. It's always a good idea to do a backup just to be on the safe side.

I did it OTA with WiFi. It took about 25 minutes (it depends on your connection). I always plug my devices in when I do an update, unless it's very small one - Just make sure you have plenty of battery power. It's always a good idea to do a backup just to be on the safe side.

Caroline

Thanks. I have high speed wireless here. You mean to back up to I Tunes first?

IMG_7238.JPG

Thanks

Well, I back up to iCloud. It's very straightforward. Go to iCloud in settings Back Up and then tap Back Up Now. The rest of time, if you have it switched on, your phone will automatically backup when it is plugged in, asleep, and connected to WiFi every 24 hours.

Caroline

Thanks. I screwed up. Last night I was showing my friend how to use I Tunes store, and I accidentally downloaded a large movie to my phone. Where in my phone do I go to delete it?

Thanks

In the Videos app, if your iPhone is not up to date. If that app doesn't exist, look for a TV app. The movie should be there.

Your other post with the same question has been removed. Two threads asking for help with the same problem is confusing, and you'll receive more helpful answers if the replies just concentrate on one thread.

Last edited:
In the Videos app, if your iPhone is not up to date. If that app doesn't exist, look for a TV app. The movie should be there.

Your other post with the same question has been removed. Two threads asking for help with the same problem is confusing, and you'll receive more helpful answers if the replies just concentrate on one thread.

J.A.

Thanks. You rock. It was in the TV app. Whatever that is. This I Phone SE is very new to me. It's now asking me to update the IOS to the latest version?

Thank You

You're welcome. The Videos app has been replaced by Apple with TV, for users in the USA:
Apple unveils new TV app for Apple TV, iPhone and iPad

The latest version would be 10.3.1. As Caroline told you before, it comes with bug fixes and security updates. Keeping the software up to date on your iPhone is always a good idea.

Alright, I will update the IOS. Does it eat up much memory?

Thank you. This group and members are awesome.

Russ

Yikes! Maybe I am overly paranoid, but I keep reading horror stories of massive battery drain issues after the 10.3 upgrade. Has the issue been resolved? I updated to IOS 10.3.1 on the computer in I Tunes. But now I am afraid to upgrade the phone. Has the battery drain issue been rectified by Apple?

Thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.