What's new

Invalid SIM on O2 UK

Echilon

Reaction score
I bought an iPhone 4 from the US and am trying to use a Gevey TurboSIM to unlock it. When the sim and adapter are installed, I get "No SIM", but when only the SIM is installed I get one bar of service and can only make 112 calls. The phone settings page shows "Unknown number". I've tried ultrasn0w and am using iOS 4.3.3.

It's 04.10.01

That baseband have an unlocked version and a locked one. How do you know that baseband is locked? To what carrier? Or where did you buy it from? From Verizon? Att?

It was originally on AT&T. I don't know the baseband is locked, but I ran ultrasn0w and have tried the Gevey SIM to unlock it.

seems like a lot of hassle when the uk has them factory unlocked and even if you bought it locked to o2 they will unlock it for you

It was originally on AT&T. I don't know the baseband is locked, but I ran ultrasn0w and have tried the Gevey SIM to unlock it.

Ok, ultrasnow doesn't support that baseband, so don't try using ultrasnow of that baseband. You can fresh restore the iOS and fresh jailbreak again. Then directly use your gevey sim card. But what you can quickly try to see if it helps is to go to cydia and uninstall ultrasnow, then hard reset your phone and try your gevey sim, if not do like I just mentioned in the first lines.