What's new

Introduction...

VRSonline

Reaction score
I'm another new guy on here, just got an iPhone 4 (4s was more gadgets than I wanted) a month ago when a job loss took away my BB Torch. I'm trying to learn to live with the iPhone 4 after several years with BBs, and it's been difficult. I chose the iPhone 4 as it was a good deal with AT&T service and I thought that with RIM falling farther and farther back, it might be worthwhile to try and stay with the most popular technology/platform. I'm 47, btw and have always worked off a PC.

I use my device mainly for phone usage and now personal email, along with storing lists and info such as grocery lists, so I think much of my usage is pretty basic. No need for music, games or video at this point. I have an older digital camera that is better for pictures or video, but do have iTunes for music. I came here to see if I can find answers to improve my ability to use the iPhone in the ways I need to, otherwise I'll soon be looking to move onto to something else, probably an Android Samsung Galaxy.

The biggest problem I have is with terrible phone/internet reception, and I'll be searching and heading to the right area to ask questions on that.

Thanks!

vince

I'm another new guy on here, just got an iPhone 4 (4s was more gadgets than I wanted) a month ago when a job loss took away my BB Torch. I'm trying to learn to live with the iPhone 4 after several years with BBs, and it's been difficult. I chose the iPhone 4 as it was a good deal with AT&T service and I thought that with RIM falling farther and farther back, it might be worthwhile to try and stay with the most popular technology/platform. I'm 47, btw and have always worked off a PC.

I use my device mainly for phone usage and now personal email, along with storing lists and info such as grocery lists, so I think much of my usage is pretty basic. No need for music, games or video at this point. I have an older digital camera that is better for pictures or video, but do have iTunes for music. I came here to see if I can find answers to improve my ability to use the iPhone in the ways I need to, otherwise I'll soon be looking to move onto to something else, probably an Android Samsung Galaxy.

The biggest problem I have is with terrible phone/internet reception, and I'll be searching and heading to the right area to ask questions on that.

Thanks!

vince
Hi, welcome to the forum! Here are a few helpful links. cv| iPhone tips | iPhone Tips & Tricks | What is jailbreaking? | | iPhone Unlocking Guide for BeginnersiPhoneForums.net Mobile App

Thinking of Jailbreaking but are not sure?

iPhoneForums.net Forum Rules - Please Read and Respect our Rules

poisonivy……iPF STAFF.

Thanks!

vince

Welcome to the forum. The way I look at it is you have two issues. First, you no longer have Blackberry Mail and have to rely on AT&T. AT&T is notorious for poor phone service and bad internet. And unfortunately you have a 3G phone so you can't take advantage of the 4GLTE that AT&T does offer.

That internet is responsible for the slow email while Blackberry is noted for excellent mail service. It's probably the last shining point they have.

Thanks, Bill, err, hook for the knowledgeable reply. It's odd that the BB was much better than the iPhone with the same AT&T service. I can understand that the BB might be better with Outlook mail, but it was also better with the internet and much easier to use. I'll see if I have any luck with improving the iPhone in the next couple of weeks, else it gets dumped in favor of something else that will function better for what I need.

vince

Welcome to the forum. The way I look at it is you have two issues. First, you no longer have Blackberry Mail and have to rely on AT&T. AT&T is notorious for poor phone service and bad internet. And unfortunately you have a 3G phone so you can't take advantage of the 4GLTE that AT&T does offer.

That internet is responsible for the slow email while Blackberry is noted for excellent mail service. It's probably the last shining point they have.