What's new

Internet Stops working?

Mastermrz

Reaction score
Okay, i just jailbroke my iPod Touch 2nd Generation using Redsnow. It says im using 4.1 (8B117) and the model number is MB531LL which seems fine and i have all my apps but something ive noticed. The WiFi on my iPod Touch seems to stop working!

I can connect to my router but when connected, nothing loads no matter what i open that requires internet. Anything i did wrong?

My router has no WEP password and its open and it seems fine. Its not coming from the router because if it was, then i wouldnt even be on the forum since my laptop needs a router to connect the internet.

How can i fix this?

UPDATE: Has the problem become worse? All of a sudden, when i go to my connection settings, i find "DHCP" blank meaning the iPod Touch CANNOT read my internet settings! THIS HAS NEVER HAPPENED BEFORE!! HELP!

Last edited:
Try to enter the router information statically and see if it works.

How do i do that? Please help?

Last edited:
are you sure its not just your internet acting up? is your pc/mac connected and working?

I'm having a similar problem in that It is saying connection to the server failed, The phone is showing the wifi icon at the top, but in the home screen it's white and in any other screen it's blue. In the wifi settings page it says i'm connected to my network, but nothing.

Try resetting your router. Unplug it for 30 seconds to 2 minutes. Then plug it back in and give it time to restart. Once all the lights are on wait another 30 seconds to be sure. Then try connecting your phone again.

My iphone4 is not JB yet. I found that sometimes after using other apps or games, the wifi just does not work (altho it shows connection), it just waits and waits forever to reach a web site. My solution is to turn wifi off and then turn back on immediately, and it works like a charm. It shouldn't happen like this, but it is not a full blown computer.