What's new

Internal charging connector

lenjack

Reaction score
Having difficulty charging. Tried 3 different genuine Apple lightning charge cables. It appears that if I wiggle the cable at the phone connector, it will intermittently charge. This leads me to believe that the internal charge connector on the phone is faulty. Has anyone else encountered this? The phone has not seen any physical abuse, and does not get sat on.

Do you live close enough to an Apple Store to visit the Genius Bar for a full diagnostic? They could see if yours is a hardware problem with the charging port. The only problem is that your iPhone is long out of warranty and the repair cost won't be cheap.

I have a 6s that has the same problem. It is like the charging port has worn out and the cable will no longer stay connected. I’ve tried a wide range of cables so I’m fairly confident it’s the port.

Have you tried taken a flashlight to look down into the port to see if it’s not filled with debris and dust from having the phone in your pockets.
We had 2 phones now that I took a needle and pulled out a lot of dust and debris coming from cloth and other things.
It stopped my son from plugging in the connector and it popped out by itself sometimes.
After cleaning it works great again.

We didn’t have an Apple Store in Austria, but it was possible to call Apple Support. This should also be possible in your case.

Never had the phone in my back pocket, but yes, in my front pocket. Good point. I will check for debris in the port. many thanks.

When that happens to me (iPhone 5 and 6), it’s nearly always trash down in the plug in hole. I’ve always thought a little plug might keep most of it out.