What's new

Interesting battery drain find!

wymi

Reaction score

I knew about the Calendar one but the siri one does happen on my phone.

Last edited by a moderator:
Does it drain so fast because siri uses a lot of the a4 processors memory ? I think that could be why.

I did not watch the video :p

I recommend you watch the videos, some good info in them. The 4s uses the A5 chip.

Well, I dont have Siri on usually and I still got battery problems... Gonna try the calendar fix but I'm not getting my hopes up!

Yeah I know the 4s pad 2 has the chip. But you should try leaving siri on and download a system resource viewer. And switch to it while Siri is open and see what the chip/ memory is doing. I had theory that when the 4s came out and with the a4 that the battery would deplete faster than the 4. ?

I had raise to talk and siri on and I couldnt see any flashing light (joke)

Last edited:
well, this is a first! I toggled that siri setting and turned off the calendar, then rebooted! In 2 hours I went from 61% to 33%... LOL In standby...

Well I did the calendar and Siri fix. Restarted and charged too 100 percent. Went to my little nephews bday party and let him play heavy 3d graphics games such as madden and nfl rivals on my phone for about two hours. Not even half way drained. I like.

Update!

My battery life has drastically improved! Doing both the Siri and calender fix has more than doubled my battery time. I used to get 50 percent at about 2 hour of hardcore usage. Now I get about 80 percent on 2 hours of hardcore usage. Then again I also did the battery drain completely and recharge to 100 percent trick a few times too, to train the old battery on my 4s. I'm a happy camper and I do suggest it. Good find!

Update!

My battery life has drastically improved! Doing both the Siri and calender fix has more than doubled my battery time. I used to get 50 percent at about 2 hour of hardcore usage. Now I get about 80 percent on 2 hours of hardcore usage. Then again I also did the battery drain completely and recharge to 100 percent trick a few times too, to train the old battery on my 4s. I'm a happy camper and I do suggest it. Good find!

That's great! Glad you had success! Here's another one I just found:

Last edited by a moderator:
iMarilina definitely ! I'm very curious as to if 5.1 will fix the battery. I'm hoping it will, so please keep us posted!

iMarilina definitely ! I'm very curious as to if 5.1 will fix the battery. I'm hoping it will, so please keep us posted!

Hey there! Will do! So far its been 4.5 hours and notifications, wifi and such are on , I turned off 3G (YAY for the 3G switch being back in there lol), it was fully charged and off the charger 4 hours ago, and with notifications, a couple of emails, a phone call and imessages coming and going, its still at 100 percent.

Will be posting a screenshot before its time to charge.

Let me know how it goes with 3 g on, afterwards. I like to have my 3G on most of the time. I google everything I think of.

Let me know how it goes with 3 g on, afterwards. I like to have my 3G on most of the time. I google everything I think of.

Well the thing with 3G is that if you don't have your data on (example if you are at home on wifi connection and your data is off), there is NO reason whatsoever to have 3G on. 3G has to do with having faster internet speeds on your cell phone (via data) , and being off does not affect signal or calls.

So its a waste to have it on all the time, because if you are at an area that doesn't have 3G coverage, having the 3G constantly on makes it search for 3G signal and thus draining battery.