What's new

Install OpenSSH through iTools?

userzero

Reaction score
Hi all, my first post here, be gentle.
I have an ipod 3g touch 32gb. It does not respond to touch, and I have already replaced the digitizer(Twice) with no luck.
I want to be able to control it from VNC eventually, and for now just would be happy to ssh into it. It's jailbroken, with a fresh install. And I obivously can't enter my wifi info in normally, but I did find out that the wonderful iTools allows you to ssh into it over usb. The catch is you have to already have openSSH installed. iTools does however also let you install ipa's and pxl's , So I would like to try to do that, however I have been unable to find the ipa i need to install openssh. Anybody have any ideas about any of this? How to get OpenSSH on it(perhaps a custom jailbreak package? I don't know how to make this, but I see the option in redsn0w), it has iso 5.0 it which was the worst mistake I made, when it had 4. I could have controlled it with voice, but 5. wont let me.
Any other idea's about why touch doesn't work even though 2 new digitizers?
Any idea where I can get the ipa for OpenSSH to install it using iTools?
Any link to intructions for editing the wifi plist so it can connect to my network?(Tried copying from my iphone, but it didn't work, probabbly because it is running 6)

Thanks

You can try using iFunBox. Download the openssh.deb, open up iFunBox, go to My Computer on the tree on the left side, go to your iPhone, then click on Cydia App Install on the left hand tree. Then drag and drop your deb in there, and reboot your device and it should be installed. Alternatively, I'd go for ToggleSSH so that you know whether or not your device's SSH is on or not. Then again, once you reboot a device, SSH is always toggled to on, so that doesn't matter if you're not toggling it on or off.