What's new

Info.plist

Coltrain

Reaction score
Hey, I was trying to do a tweak were cydia stays in its current stage when hitting the home button but it didn't work and corrupted the file.

tutuorial - Enable Native Multitasking For Cydia In iOS 4.x [How To Tutorial] | Redmond Pie

I did it and rebooted and cydia was gone and when i tried to change the value back to true i get an Error: Cannot parse a NULL or zero-length data.

So I was wondering if someone could make a copy of theres and upload it for me to use.

The info.plist file which is located in" /var/stash/Applications/Cydia.app and open Info.plist."

The info.plist file which is located in" /var/stash/Applications/Cydia.app and open Info.plist."

Ok here it is:

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<!DOCTYPE plist PUBLIC "-//Apple Computer//DTD PLIST 1.0//EN" "http://www.apple.com/DTDs/PropertyList-1.0.dtd">
<plist version="1.0">

<dict>
<key>CFBundleDevelopmentRegion</key>
<string>en</string>

<key>CFBundleExecutable</key>
<string>Cydia</string>

<key>CFBundleIdentifier</key>
<string>com.saurik.Cydia</string>

<key>CFBundleInfoDictionaryVersion</key>
<string>6.0</string>

<key>CFBundleName</key>
<string>Cydia</string>

<key>CFBundlePackageType</key>
<string>APPL</string>

<key>CFBundleShortVersionString</key>
<string>0.9</string>

<key>CFBundleSignature</key>
<string>????</string>

<key>CFBundleVersion</key>
<string>0.9</string>

<key>SBUsesNetwork</key>
<integer>11</integer>

<key>CFBundleURLTypes</key>
<array>
<dict>
<key>CFBundleURLName</key>
<string>Cydia Internal URL</string>
<key>CFBundleURLSchemes</key>
<array>
<string>cydia</string>
</array>
</dict>
</array>

<key>DTSDKName</key>
<string>iphoneos2.0.saurik</string>

<key>MinimumOSVersion</key>
<string>2.0</string>

<key>UIDeviceFamily</key>
<array>
<integer>1</integer>
<integer>2</integer>
</array>

<key>UISupportedInterfaceOrientations</key>
<array>
<string>UIInterfaceOrientationPortrait</string>
</array>

<key>UISupportedInterfaceOrientations~ipad</key>
<array>
<string>UIInterfaceOrientationPortrait</string>
<string>UIInterfaceOrientationPortraitUpsideDown</string>
<string>UIInterfaceOrientationLandscapeLeft</string>
<string>UIInterfaceOrientationLandscapeRight</string>
</array>

<key>CFBundleIconFile</key>
<string>iconClassic.png</string>

<key>CFBundleIconFiles</key>
<array>
<string>icon.png</string>
<string>icon-72.png</string>
<string>[email protected]</string>
<string>Icon-Small.png</string>
<string>Icon-Small-50.png</string>
<string>[email protected]</string>
</array>

<!-- to ye who is reading this, I know what you are thinking: "saurik is an idiot, why did he turn this off?" -->
<!-- the problem is that Cydia runs as root, and therefore cannot be sent a SIGSTOP by SpringBoard, as mobile -->
<!-- what that means, is that when Cydia "multitasks" it will just keep running in the background, constantly -->
<!-- and that means that all of those stupid webpages (and all of their horribly irritatingly slow ads!) will -->
<!-- just keep running and animating and reloading in the background, burning your battery life and cpu speed -->
<!-- even when you aren't "using" the app anymore. so, no: it is not at all a good idea to turn this back on. -->
<!-- the idea is that, eventually, Cydia will no longer need to run as root; and, when that happens, not just -->
<!-- this, but a ton of other little things (mail composition, keyboard behaviors, mobilesubstrate, etc.) all -->
<!-- will get fixed at the same time, and one of those wonderous new features will be "working multitasking". -->

<!--key>UIBackgroundModes</key>
<array>
<string>audio</string>
<string>continuous</string>
</array-->

<key>UIApplicationExitsOnSuspend</key>
<true/>
</dict>

</plist>

Can u see it clearly??? I notice there are comments in the code about saurik... how the hell they get into that plist file?

Thanks!!

It worked and I got everything settled.

Can u see it clearly??? I notice there are comments in the code about saurik... how the hell they get into that plist file?

<!-- to ye who is reading this, I know what you are thinking: "saurik is an idiot, why did he turn this off?" -->
<!-- the problem is that Cydia runs as root, and therefore cannot be sent a SIGSTOP by SpringBoard, as mobile -->
<!-- what that means, is that when Cydia "multitasks" it will just keep running in the background, constantly -->
<!-- and that means that all of those stupid webpages (and all of their horribly irritatingly slow ads!) will -->
<!-- just keep running and animating and reloading in the background, burning your battery life and cpu speed -->
<!-- even when you aren't "using" the app anymore. so, no: it is not at all a good idea to turn this back on. -->
<!-- the idea is that, eventually, Cydia will no longer need to run as root; and, when that happens, not just -->
<!-- this, but a ton of other little things (mail composition, keyboard behaviors, mobilesubstrate, etc.) all -->
<!-- will get fixed at the same time, and one of those wonderous new features will be "working multitasking". -->

Lol...