What's new

Info on charging screen?

PPCEngineering

Reaction score
I just got my first iPhone (4S) and like it a lot so far. The stability is what I like most. I havent restarted it since the day it hit the market and it is as smooth and reactive as ever.

My only problem is that I miss the tweakability of WinMO or Android. In any case, I am looking for a way to have the screen remain on while charging in order to show the time and tasks, or possibly weather, etc. The only option I have seen to be able to keep the screen on is to turn of the automatic screen lock. This doesn't work for my needs as I don't want the screen to turn on in my case and remain on indefinitely.

Does anyone know of an app that will accomplish this? I used the search option and didn't find anything of any use. Hopefully the answer isn't right in front of my face! Thanks ahead of time to anyone who can help.

Try the app nightstand

NightStand does almost exactly what I want, minus one major problem. The program has to be run manually every time I put the phone on the charger. Also, you cannot leave the program once you have the phone on the charger, or you have to run it again. The program would be perfect if it ran silently in the background and took over when the phone was plugged in, automatically changing the charging screen.

I'm not sure if there is a paid version which does this. For now, I can deal with this program the way it is. Thanks for the info. Any other suggestion are appreciated!

I don't believe this is possible under iOS due to the restrictions placed on "background apps" by Apple.