What's new

iMessage question

Silverado8405

Reaction score
Last night I finally convinced my wife to switch from her rebooting android to an iPhone. I tried setting up iMessage on her phone and mine but it seemed like it took forever for the messages to go thru. Is that normal? I have put it back on regular texting for right now as that seems to work better and we have unlimited texting anyway. Any insight is greatly appreciated!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

iMessage uses your wireless 3G data... or WiFi (if connected.) Do you have issues w/ either of these as well?

I did a couple days ago but rebooted the router and that problem went away. I noticed the delay after the router was rebooted. The first couple messages went thru quick then they started taking up to a minute to come in. I have unlimited texting so I'm not real concerned about that part of it. I'd like it more for the fact that it won't split my long texts into two text messages.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Friend of mine has an iphone4 5.1.1 and he recently change his phone number and network provider but he can't activate iMessage,all messages I get form him are arriving with his mail address not with his phone number,if I send him an txt message on to his phone number my txt goes as normal sms not as iMessage,how can this be fixed ?