What's new

iMessage problem

jllaneza

Reaction score
I have an iPhone 4S and the latest iPad. I only receive messages on my iPad from people that have iMessage turned on and not on my iPhone. I can't figure out why. if the other person turns iMessage off and sends me a message I
Receive it on my iPhone. Probably something simple, but I need help.

Make sure under the settings your contacts are selected for receiving iMessages.

Settings> messages > send and receive

Make sure your phone number is selected.

iPhoneMommy

"Be nice to people on your way up because you'll meet them on your way down." - Wilson Mizner

I recently discoverd why my texts were not going to iPhones/iPads as iMessages. My iPhone 4S died (after only 14 months and couldn't be revived by CPR...another story). My son loaned me his old 4 after he upgraded to a 5. iMessage worked fine for a while and then texts would only go out as a SMS/MMS. iPhoneMommy's thread led me to check Settings where I discovered my phone was stilled logged into my son's Apple account. After I logged into my account, iMessage now works fine.

I recently discoverd why my texts were not going to iPhones/iPads as iMessages. My iPhone 4S died (after only 14 months and couldn't be revived by CPR...another story). My son loaned me his old 4 after he upgraded to a 5. iMessage worked fine for a while and then texts would only go out as a SMS/MMS. iPhoneMommy's thread led me to check Settings where I discovered my phone was stilled logged into my son's Apple account. After I logged into my account, iMessage now works fine.

Glad to help!!!

iPhoneMommy

"Be nice to people on your way up because you'll meet them on your way down." - Wilson Mizner