What's new

Imessage not working..

Chris951

Reaction score
Just did a fresh restore and now my imessage isnt working. In settings it just says waiting for activation. I tried a hard reset and turning imessage on and off but nothing. Why is it doing this right after a fresh restore? And how do I fix it?

Tried that. Didn't work. Restored 6 times on different computers and nothing. This all happened right after a fresh restore. Was working fine before that so I don't get it.

I lost access to iMessage today here in Texas. My wife lost it in Florida. I am assuming apple had issues.

I can confirm the iMessage and FaceTime network issues. Supposed to be back fully by tomorrow.

I have had no interruptions or issues whatsoever with iMessage or FaceTime

Yes I can confirm that I had several messages fail in the last 12 hours on both IOS and OSX Mountain Lion. Things seem OK for me now.

The response I got from Apple was their servers were down. If you had to activate the service it would not work until they came back up. My iPad iMessaged fine but my 4s kicked off the service and did the same thing - waiting for activation, came back up the day after finally.