What's new

Ifile and wallpaper?

HUNTER1

Reaction score
I change the wallpaper on springboard and lockscreen using ssh. Is there a way in doing this using ifile so I don't have to use my computer? Thanks

I change the wallpaper on springboard and lockscreen using ssh. Is there a way in doing this using ifile so I don't have to use my computer? Thanks

iFile does have copy and past functionality so yes you could do it with that.

I just have a Wallpaper folder synced in my iTunes and copy images into that.... that way i can just use the Wallpaper option under settings to change them

I chose and press copy a wallpaper from camera roll, then went into ifile to the wallpaper I need to change and where do I need to paste it?

I chose and press copy a wallpaper from camera roll, then went into ifile to the wallpaper I need to change and where do I need to paste it?

well as long as the theme your using doesn have a Lockscreen.png or wallpaper.png file within it then it uses the one you select through settings then wallpaper.

if the themes you use do have either or both of thoses files delete them from the theme folder found with iFile at var/stash/theme.xxxxx

well as long as the theme your using doesn have a Lockscreen.png or wallpaper.png file within it then it uses the one you select through settings then wallpaper.

if the themes you use do have either or both of thoses files delete them from the theme folder found with iFile at var/stash/theme.xxxxx
And then what?

That's what I do when using ssh method, renaming the photo as the one I'm replacing and a simple drag and drop. With ifile I'm having problem renaming or copying and pasting the photo to the ifile wallpaper folder. Ok this is what I want to do, I want to rename a wallpaper" LockBackground-blank.jpg" from a camera roll to replace a wallpaper with this same name. I know where to go in ifile but having problem renaming or copying and pasting. I just need the steps. I don't want to use the laptop just to change wallpaper. Thanks

And then what?

That's what I do when using ssh method, renaming the photo as the one I'm replacing and a simple drag and drop. With ifile I'm having problem renaming or copying and pasting the photo to the ifile wallpaper folder. Ok this is what I want to do, I want to rename a wallpaper" LockBackground-blank.jpg" from a camera roll to replace a wallpaper with this same name. I know where to go in ifile but having problem renaming or copying and pasting. I just need the steps. I don't want to use the laptop just to change wallpaper. Thanks

you dont need to do any of that, remove both LockBackground.png and Wallpaper.png from the theme, then just select from the camera roll what picture you want as the lock screen and home screen you dont have to move them using iFile or SSH jsut pick them in the phone settings

Ok, I took a screenshot of the ifile directory and the wallpaper name at the top. You mean I should just erase that and leave it blank then choose my own from camera roll?
0727681b.jpg

Ok, I took a screenshot of the ifile directory and the wallpaper name at the top. You mean I should just erase that and leave it blank then choose my own from camera roll?
0727681b.jpg

yes exactly, the only time you would rename them to LockBackground.png and Wallpaper.png is if you wanted that to be the only backgrounds you wanted for that theme, if you like to change your backgrounds often leave those files out of the theme folder and just manually pick them from the camera roll as you like to change them

you dont need to do any of that, remove both LockBackground.png and Wallpaper.png from the theme, then just select from the camera roll what picture you want as the lock screen and home screen you dont have to move them using iFile or SSH jsut pick them in the phone settings

ok...how about this scenario....i'm using EZ4UNV theme with the alternate SB. it has 5 different wallpapers that it scrolls through and they're all labeled Wall1.png, Wall2.png etc. the instructions say to use my own pictures, i have to remove the stock photos and just copy/paste my own in there place. i can copy the photos, but can't rename them or paste them... what should i do then?

You can rename and cut/paste files with iFile.

ok...i figured out how to do that, and i pasted them to the correct folder where the previous ones were, but when i reboot my phone, the wallpapers i just pasted don't show up on the screen where the previous ones did.....

Are the ones you put in the folder the same size and the same names as the previous files?

i made them the same names (per instructions)...the theme creator says 640 x 480 works the best, but not necessary to be the same. it also says the pictures must be .png if the pictures are .jpg and i rename them to .png, will that matter????