What's new

Stock Wallpaper on "Setting" mess-up

nammi

Reaction score
$image-3420518710.jpg

I am on iphone 4s iOS 6.1.3 jailbroken .. When i wanted to change my wallpaper with the iphone stock on "setting", all the usual picture's sample selection for unknown reason was blocked black (see attached screen shot)

Tried to reboot but stiil did not fix it ..

I checked on on ifile > var/stash/wallpaper, all the individual stock wallpaper was intact

Anyone have any idea how to fix this ?

I had the same problem on my iPhone, after searching, I can across this solution that worked for me:

---------

Stock Wallpaper Is Black

QUESTION:
I noticed today that all the standard wallpaper images appear completely black when I view them in settings. Indeed, if I select one of the black thumbnails I end up with a completely black wallpaper. I can use anything in the photo libraries and they work normally. But the built-in wallpapers all appear black.

I looked in the filesystem in /var/stash/wallpaper and the files are all intact and correct. This is more an annoyance than anything else, as I can copy them into my photo library and select them from there and they work. But the question remains, what happened to the built-in wallpaper functionality, and how to fix it?

ANSWER
I found and applied a solution. Useing the current version of iPhone browser (v1.93) I was able to navigate to var/stash/wallpaper/iPhone and save all of the .png and thumbnail files to my desktop.

I only had issues with the default .png and the poster.thumbnail.png. This did not matter.

After I saved the files I deleted every thing I could in that folder. (WINSCP or some other ssh client probably would let you get/delete everything.) Then respring.

Checked the wallpaper under settings and every thing was gone, even the little flower poster thumbnail. Good news!

I then went back to the same folder in iPhone browser and did a drag and drop of every thing I had copied to my desktop back to my device and respring! After that every thing was back to normal. Hope this helps.

---------

This is a direct copy/paste from my Evernote files - but it should readable. Good luck.

Marilyn

Thank you, Marilyn ..

Questions :

1. How can i get the iphone browser ? .. Do i just download from the web ?

2, when you said you drag the file back from the iphone browser back to the iphone, did you mean directly to the ifile var/stash/wallpaper ? ..

3. Truthfully, i am not too keen to do any deleting in ifile. If something goes "wrong", will this process mess up my jailbreak ?

Thank you, Marilyn ..

Questions :

1. How can i get the iphone browser ? .. Do i just download from the web ?

I use the program "iFunbox." And yes, it's a free program you download off the 'Net. I find its very similar to using Windows Explorer when looking at/browsing your iPhone's files.

2, when you said you drag the file back from the iphone browser back to the iphone, did you mean directly to the ifile var/stash/wallpaper ? ..

Yes, you just copy the files back into the same folder (after you've deleted the ones off the phone). You use the same address...

3. Truthfully, i am not too keen to do any deleting in ifile. If something goes "wrong", will this process mess up my jailbreak ?

Well, yes, any time you,start mucking about in the iPhone's innards, you run the risk of messing up a jail break. But, (1) I know this process works and (2) it's the only way I know of to fix the black wallpaper problem. However, you can always just ignore the wallpaper issue. It's not something that will mess up your phone's working if not fixed; it does not HAVE to be done.

Marilyn

Looks like i will follow your last advise .. The wallpaper issue was not tht crucial and did not mess up the phone functionality .. I will leave it as is .. for now ..

I will try fixing it per your tutorial if there is already a jailbreak opening for the next iOS

Thnx a lot, Marilyn ..