What's new

if I update from 4.0.1 to 5.1 can it still be unlocked?

jwf85

Reaction score
I just bought a white iphone 4 and it has ios 4.0.1 and Baseband 1.59 software unlocked and jb'd

I want to update it to at least 5.01, if I do will it still be able to stay unlocked and jb?

Am I also able to keep my current Baseband version?

In order to update and keep the 1.59.00 BB... you need to update w/ a custom firmware. Since it's currently JB... what iOS versions does Cydia have listed atop it's home screen?

Hey all, thanks for the fast replies

I don't have the phone with me right now, but I will update with more info when I get it back.

I don't know how or why about the firmware and baseband, but it is for sure 4.0.1 with 1.59

No problem at all. Just be sure to NOT update via iTunes. That will cause you to loose the 1.59.00 BB and your Unlock ability. :) Jmills.... does iOS 5.1.1 support ultrasn0w?

Its just a deb file, the easiest way to install it would be to copy it to your device(any folder just make it easy to remember) and then open it in iFile with "Installer." You can also install it by SSHing into the device and running the install command via terminal, but opening it with iFile installer is definitely the easiest option.

Had wi-fi issues, but nevermind fixed it myself.

Last edited: