What's new

Idea for a school app. - PLEASE READ NOT STUPID IDEA

LonelyAttempts

Reaction score
My main idea is as follows: I want for people to be allowed phones in school without getting in trouble because of fear of cheating, texting, ect.

How this will work? My thoughts were that a principal could open the app, create a school system. (Click on a button) The School system is just a link between all phones that have that system selected. I will explain. The Principal will enter the name of the school. (NOT case sensitive, or space sensitive -- this is to prevent students generating false school systems. (Ex. School's System: Apple ISD , Student's False System: Apple isd OR AppleISD, ect.)

Once the School system has been generated, Students may download the app and when they run it, they select "Run as student" find their school, then their class, and it will go into "lock-down". Teachers will select "Run as Teacher" Find their school, type the administrator password, and select allowed apps.

DEFAULT ALLOWED APPS:
Science:
Notes
iTunes*

History:
Notes
iTunes*

Math:
Notes
iTunes*
Calculator

English:
Notes
iTunes*

Yes, this is the bare minimum. Teachers may select between all default phone apps, and those he/she has downloaded. Any of the apps chosen, students will be allowed to use in full.

*iTunes will be restricted to only songs selected to be clean songs that do not have any non-school-appropriate theme.

Safari/Google Chrome will be limited to whatever the teacher enters.

Teachers may edit this list after she has hit "GO". Hitting "GO" will let the teacher choose a password for later use. Students may then freely join the school system. The teacher is the only person who can turn off lock-down mode. He/She must enter the password to do so. Teachers may do as they please to ensure all are on the correct school system. While in lock-down mode, all apps owned by the user besides those selected by the teacher will darken, as if you were holding your finger over them. this means you may not use this app.

Thank you for reading my long-winded explanation of my idea. Hope you will act on it, or at least give feedback. Thanks again, bye.

This sounds good in theory, but a lot of schools are swapping from text books to iPads. Well, at least they are in my area.
Seems like using an iPhone wouldn't be as affective... I also believe an app like this would violate Apple's developer's SDK. Since The devices are personal devices and not like the specially made iPads..

This sounds good in theory, but a lot of schools are swapping from text books to iPads. Well, at least they are in my area.
Seems like using an iPhone wouldn't be as affective... I also believe an app like this would violate Apple's developer's SDK. Since The devices are personal devices and not like the specially made iPads..

pretty much this. i wish i went to a school where we got ipads instead of textbooks haha. such a waste of paper.