What's new

ICloud problem

jmdlcar

Reaction score
I mess up when I got my new iphone 2020 SE I wanted to install my old icloud from my 5s to my new iphone but it wouldn't let me use my old icloud it was all ready been used.

Is there away I can use it now since my new iphone is all ready setup?

At 73 years old I only ask question if I don't know what to do. I just wanted to use my 5s icloud. I guest I can't do that. I won't ask any thing else.

There’s no reason to not be able to use the same iCloud ID and account on any number of Apple devices. I’ve used the same iCloud account on all my devices. Are you trying to used a different iCloud ID on your new iPhone?

When I first receive my new iPhone and when I turn it on It started to setup it got up to Apple ID or iCloud ID so I type in my 5s one, then it told me all ready been used so I had to use a new one. Can I fix it or start all over?

Did you try creating the iCloud ID? That would explain why it told you the ID has already been used.
What you usually do, is login to the iCloud/Apple ID you‘ve used before. When you set up a new device, you just enter the email address and password, when you intend to keep using it.

Did you try creating the iCloud ID? That would explain why it told you the ID has already been used.
What you usually do, is login to the iCloud/Apple ID you‘ve used before. When you set up a new device, you just enter the email address and password, when you intend to keep using it.
Can I start all over by reset the iPhone? If so how can I do it?

That wouldn‘t be necessary. You‘d just have to sign out of iCloud, then sign in with the old ID.

Be aware that the backups of the ID you‘re using now will not be available any more. The current iCloud email address will be removed from your device, together with your emails, notes, calendar events and contacts. Depending on your settings, that might also affect photos, Safari bookmarks, messages, …
If memory serves right, it‘s possible to keep apps purchased with the new ID and data connected to it on the iPhone, at some point.

If you really want to start over with your old iCloud/Apple ID, go to Settings - your name - iCloud, turn off Find My iPhone, then sign out of iCloud. That done, go to Settings - General - Reset - Erase All Content And Settings. That will set back your device to factory settings.
That done, set up your iPhone with the old ID. After setting up Wi-Fi, make sure you either use “Restore from iCloud Backup” (if it’s still available from your previous ID), or “Don’t Transfer Apps & Data”. Sign in with your old iCloud ID and password.
Set up your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch

How do I this "You‘d just have to sign out of iCloud, then sign in with the old ID"?

Go to Settings - your name, scroll down to “Sign Out”. Enter the password for your current iCloud ID to turn off Find My iPhone. Then you’ll get this popup:
7E738667-2253-4FF7-A855-7D4B0E1E8609.jpeg

Enable the data you’d like to keep. Then tap Sign Out at the top right.
That done, sign in with your old iCloud ID.