What's new

iCloud Photo Library

Ruc

Reaction score
Okay so a while back I noticed that most of my photos were missing from my camera roll. I had about 2,000 photos and now I have 875. I remember I switched the iCloud Photo Library on thinking that it would backup my photos just in case anything happened and that I would still have access to my photos on my actual phone but obviously not. I've tried to do research and I've switched on the "download and keep originals" but nothing has happened and I followed the guidelines (I have had Wi-Fi connected). Anyways, I have no idea what to do. I don't understand this iCloud Photo stuff and it's frustrating because I want my pictures back I have even logged into my iCloud Drive and it has nothing on there so where have my photos gone and how can I get them back? Thanks for all the input sorry for the length.

iCloud does not backup your photos, if you use iCloud Photo Library, or anything else that has to do with iCloud. iCloud is just for syncing them between devices. It’s also not possible to find them in iCloud Drive - that is for files, and photos are only there if you save them to iCloud Drive manually.

No idea what happened to your images. If you deleted them, they will have disappeared completely after 29 days, without a possibility to recover them.
To safely store images, get them to a cloud service, such as OneDrive, Google Photos, Flickr or others, or save them on your computer.

Okay I didn't delete them so I thought iCloud had something to do with it. Thank you!

I'm hoping someone can help me.
My wife has over 800 photos on icloud free storage and icloud has frozen her acct until they are removed. I'm trying to download them to her hard drive, pc, but without much luck. It is dloading only a few pictures at a time and I have to repeat over and over but it says the amount hasn't changed.
I've no idea what to do except continue this until I get them all I guess. Once done I'll not use icloud again...what a pain in the ass.
Thanks for any help you can offer.