What's new

iCloud me.com e-mail problems

DaveM

Reaction score
I set up my [email protected] e-mail account and tried some test messages. Here's what I found...
If I send myself a test message from within the iCloud browser page it works, but only if I receive the message in the browser. It never shows up on my iPhone. I've checked the settings and as far as I can tell I've got the e-mail account turned on. If something's not set right I can't figure out what it is. Also, if I send myself a test message from Outlook I get a Mail Delivery Failure:

This message was created automatically by the mail system (ecelerity).

A message that you sent could not be delivered to one or more of its recipients. This is a permanent error. The following address(es) failed:

>>> [email protected] (after RCPT TO): 550 5.1.1 unknown or illegal
>>> alias: [email protected]

Any suggestions and assistance appreciated.

This morning I decided to give it another try and everything seems to be working. I made no changes to the settings between last night and now. I can send mail to my .me account from Outlook without delivery failure. I can receive .me mail on my iPhone even without the mail app being open in the background (push notification works and I get the alert sound). I can only assume that either the system was overloaded with the initial rush, or that there were problems that have since been resolved by Apple.

Well, I didn't do anything special. I used iCloud to create the account, then I went into the settings on my phone and made sure that the account was turned on and that push was enabled for iCloud. However, a little over an hour ago I sent another test message to myself from Outlook. It never got pushed to my phone. There were no notifications. I just now checked the e-mail in iCloudi n the browser and it was there. I then went to the phone and manually checked my iCloud mail inbox and it showed up. So, the push notification only worked that one time for me. Since I haven't changed a thing, at this point I have to believe that it's a problem on the iCloud end. I did a Google search and this seems to be an issue with a lot of people. Hopefully the iCloud folks wil get it resolved.

Push does not work for me either, I had created a thread about this issue in the iOS Forum. Push worked before upgrading to iOS 5 for my yahoo email now that doesn't even work.

I decided to change my setting to Fetch every 15 minutes and now the emails are received just delayed.

Last edited: