What's new

New @iCloud e-mail Addresses.

Darkstar2007

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
So,

What does everyone think of Apple finally giving us the option to have an @iCloud e-mail address?

I'm personally glad they did this and saved our @me accounts just in case we wanted to use the new @iCloud handle. I personally hated the @me address (just sounds weird lol).

My question is, is this truly a new email address? Or is it simply an alias to our @me email address?

If its an alias its kind of useless, in my opinion, because email from @me and @icloud all go to the same account - what's the point?. If it's truly a new address then we could give one address to friends and the other address to another group of recipients.

If it's a new address I might use it, otherwise I don't see the point.

My question is, is this truly a new email address? Or is it simply an alias to our @me email address?

If its an alias its kind of useless, in my opinion, because email from @me and @icloud all go to the same account - what's the point?. If it's truly a new address then we could give one address to friends and the other address to another group of recipients.

If it's a new address I might use it, otherwise I don't see the point.

Short story, no, it's not a new email account.

Long story/example:

It's tied into your original @me, or @mac address.

For example, if you was to start giving everyone your e-mail as "ex"[email protected], it'd still send to your existing @me or @mac accounts. I just find it pleasant to not have to tell anyone my email is @me. It just sounds conceited/silly in my opinion. Lol.
That might just be me, but I'm gonna start changing everything to @iCloud. Although, I really don't have to. I just want to.

Darkstar2007 said:
Short story short, no, it's not a new email account.

Long story/example:

It's tied into your original @me, or @mac address.

For example, if you was to start giving everyone your e-mail as "ex"[email protected], it'd still send to your existing @me or @mac accounts. I just find it pleasant to not have to tell anyone my email is @me. It just sounds conceited/silly in my opinion. Lol.
That might just be me, but I'm gonna start changing everything to @iCloud. Although, I really don't have to. I just want to.

I see your point, iCloud does sound better than "me", especially on business cards.

I'm still on the fence about changing it. Haha. I wonder if they are going to give you a time frame to switch it over.

@me.com or @icloud.com doesn't make a lot of difference to me, although @me.com does sound a bit pretentious! But as long as the e-mail address works properly and no e-mails get lost, then I'm happy either way.

I really get a kick out of people who think me.com addresses are pretentious. Really funny.

iCloud.com brands the email and tells everyone you have an email address at Apple and use Apple products.

If anything iCloud.com is pretentious.

The only people who know me.com addresses are at Apple are people who have them...

I love me.com simply because its short and easy for forms and business cards. Easy to remember. Unpretentious...

I mean pretentious (as in; [email protected]) which could appear like a showing-off 'look at me' kind of thing if printed on a business card, and not as in trying to impress people with the fact that it's an Apple e-mail address... as here in Ireland not many people would know that anyway, or even care! :)

I've had mac.com ever since they started giving out accounts. As far as I can tell, the me.com and iCloud.com just act as aliases. Plain old "mac" is good enough for me. It's an e-mail address.

How does one get one of these fancy email addresses? I didn't know that!! <<<<yes I'm new to the Mac/apple world :)

thewitt said:
I really get a kick out of people who think me.com addresses are pretentious. Really funny.

iCloud.com brands the email and tells everyone you have an email address at Apple and use Apple products.

If anything iCloud.com is pretentious.

The only people who know me.com addresses are at Apple are people who have them...

I love me.com simply because its short and easy for forms and business cards. Easy to remember. Unpretentious...

They are?? Must be someone without apple products of their own lll.

Sent from my WiFi Black 64GB iPad with Retina Display using iPF.net

I just use them both. No big deal.

Sent from my WiFi Black 64GB iPad with Retina Display using iPF.net

My apologies for resurrecting this old thread, but I believe my question is relevant. Is there a way to have mail from @icloud.com go to a separate folder while mail from @me.com goes to the main Inbox? I was thinking of keeping the messages of both addresses from appearing in the same window.