What's new

iCloud issues, Photo stream and Contacts.

kozal01

Reaction score
So I set up my iCloud yesterday but when I log into iCloud online only one of my contacts shows up and non of my photo stream shows up. I have them both enabled on my phone and Ive tried syncing it to iCloud a few times but it still doesnt sync. Anyone have any input on this?

The photo stream is not made for you to view your photos online via a web browser, it's a feature which allow you to share your photos with all your other iDevices including Mac computers. So if you have 2 iPhones or 1 iPhone and another iDevice or a Mac computer, set up iCloud on your other iDevices or Mac with your iCloud account and you will need that photos taken with your iPhone will automatically appear on the other devices in a new folder called photo stream.

bab2010 said:
The photo stream is not made for you to view your photos online via a web browser, it's a feature which allow you to share your photos with all your other iDevices including Mac computers. So if you have 2 iPhones or 1 iPhone and another iDevice or a Mac computer, set up iCloud on your other iDevices or Mac with your iCloud account and you will need that photos taken with your iPhone will automatically appear on the other devices in a new folder called photo stream.

Thanks but that still doesn't explain why non of my contacts are syncing or why my photo stream isn't syncing to my computer through I cloud. According to apples website I cloud sharing can be done on a PC. Nothing is working through iCloud in fact, only thing I can do is locate my phone.

Thanks but that still doesn't explain why non of my contacts are syncing or why my photo stream isn't syncing to my computer through I cloud. According to apples website I cloud sharing can be done on a PC. Nothing is working through iCloud in fact, only thing I can do is locate my phone.
For your contacts to sync up with iCloud, make sure that contacts in iCloud setting is turned ON. You will see a notification asking you what to do with contacts present in your iPhone, select merge contacts. Then all of your contacts present in your iPhone will be sync to your iCloud contacts. I"m not sure if you are allowed to see your iCloud contacts online via an internet browser like google chrome or safari etc... iCloud contact is there so you can sync your iCloud contacts to all your iDevices and contact app in MAC computers. Say you have another iPhone, you can setup your iCloud account on your new iPhone and enable contacts in iCloud and it will automatically download your iCloud contacts to your new iPhone. Same if you factory restore your iPhone and need your contacts back, after factory restore, setup your iCloud, enable contacts and your contacts are back and forth.
Same stuff with photo stream, your photo stream are in the iCloud not for you to be able to view them within the iCloud but to be able to have your photo taken with your iPhone in all your iDevices which are sharing the same iCloud account with your iPhone. I don't know what application in windows PC allowing the photo stream automatically fetch, but on MAC computer it's iPhoto which fetching all your iCloud photos if set it up to share your iCloud account.
The only thing i know of that you will be capable of viewing on the iCloud are your documents such as pages, key notes and numbers; this involve you are having page, key notes, numbers apps installed in your iDevice or on your MAC computer and setup to share your iCloud account.

I am baffled also. I have 300+ contacts on my iMac but only 160 on my iPhone. My iMac is set for the default account and my iPhone is set with the "Contacts" turned on. Why are they not syncing? I have the me.com on the iPhone set as the main email also. Any suggestions? iTunes is syncing correctly but not iPhoto. I am more concerned about the contacts then the photos. Thanks in advance.

I ended up disabling iCloud all together because nothing worked like it was supposed to and I hated how it wont let you delete pics from the photo stream. iCloud is over rated.

Problem solved! When you register your phone (using iTunes) there are some tabs at the top - I went into Info and found out that the syncing was not checked (don't ask - I have no idea why not). I checked them and voila - it works perfectly!