What's new

Ibooks and Itunes question

xperrier

Reaction score
I have some free ibooks, and would love to load into my Iphone4..

For that I use Itunes, but, where I am lost, is, when Itunes is telling me, if I upload a book, I would lose all my others softwares already inot Iphone, true not true, and if so, how just to had somes books into my library?

Do I need a third party software?

thanks

why not just use ibooks what they are meant for? and the format is .pdf any way

Dear Unleashed. I don't think you understood xperrier's question. Here's what is happening with me. I have an iPhone 4S. Use iBooks a lot. I've downloaded many books from the iTunes web site. Recently, I downloaded two e-Books to my PC. One is an ePub and one is a PDF file. Now I want to sync them to the iPhone to read them there. As I understand the directions, one is supposed to use the iTunes app on the PC to do this. That's all straightforward enough. Following the directions, the iPhone connected via USB to the PC, in the PC iTunes app I selected the iPhone and selected "Books." then selected "Sync Books." I then checked the books that I wanted to sync. Then clicked "Apply." I then received this message:
The iPhone "Marv's iPhone" is synced with another iTunes library. Do
you want to erase this iPhone and sync with this iTunes library?
An iPhone can be synced with only one iTunes library at a time.
Erasing and syncing replaces the contents of this iPhone with the
contents of the iTunes library.
Erase and Sync Cancel
I think that's what xperrier's question actually was. And I have the same concern. I would like to read these other books but I don't want to lose the iBooks that are already in my iPhone library. I can't find a way to work around that.

btw - I note that you're in Nicosia. I lived in Nicosia from 1960 to 1962. Wonderful place. Many great memories!