What's new

iphone/itunes question

gr8ful_golfer

Reaction score
I have an iPhone 4. When I first got my phone we were using a PC. When we had the PC I used a Zune player. I was able to export my Zune library over to my iTunes library. The old PC was a P O S, (if you know what I mean) so after I had synced my phone I deleted all of my music of the out of my iTunes library and PC because it was taking up so much space.

We have since purchased a iMac. The problem I am running into is I need to do updates for my iPhone. When I try to do this it wants to delete my entire library of music. It allowed me to export everything that I purchased from iTunes with the phone itself. But the other 2395 songs that I have will not export to my iTunes library on my iMac.

Is there any way to "sync" Phone to Computer so I don't lose all of my music to be able to do updates for my phone?

I have talked with Apple and they tried to talk me into purchasing their iTunes Match. But from what I understand is this works through iCloud, which I do not have on my phone till I do a software update (which I can't do without losing all of my music).

Any help please....

While I'm not 100% sure... I'm almost certain there is a way to get your music from your iDevice to your computer. However, I can't recall at this time what that process is. Hang tight with us and I'm sure someone will chime in before too long with the right direction for you to go. :)

You are using an iMac. Google for PhoneView, purchase it and download it and transfer all your musics from your iPhone to anywhere on your iMac. PhoneView works like a charm.

You are using an iMac. Google for PhoneView, purchase it and download it and transfer all your musics from your iPhone to anywhere on your iMac. PhoneView works like a charm.

So sorry I never did thank you for this. PhoneView was absolutely amazing! Easiest thing ever and the best $20 I've
spent.

Thank you so much!