What's new

I4 Activation Error

srayees

Reaction score
Hello,

I've iphone 4 bought it from customer. When I checked everything was working alright. I wanted to erase everything from the phone so I went to settings/general/reset and tried to reset the phone but it asked me to put passcode which it shouldn't, right? Then I tried to hard reset connected to ITunes. After sometime while restoring it gives me the following message

We're sorry, we are unable to continue with your activation at this time.
Please try again later, or contact customer care.

Then I unplugged the usb port from laptop and restarts and ask me to activate the phone . I followed the steps
English
United States
Choose a Network ( I choose my Wi_Fi)

It ran for few seconds and then the following message pops up

Activation Error

Activation request could not be completed. If the problem persists, please contact customer service.

I'm very confused and frustrated as I tried it so many times. Could you please advice me what seems to be the problem and how to resolve it. I'll really really appreciate your help on this.

Thanks,

Sid

please don't post duplicate posts,this just confuses the issue,thank you.

You need a SIM card from the original carrier to activate the device.

Thanks a lot for your advice. Hope it will work after putting the active SIM card. Just for my own understanding and knowledge please let me know what seems to be the problem and what I did wrong.

We're going to take your word for it that you bought the device from someone and it wasn't a stolen/lost device.

To get rid of the passcode, you would have to wipe the phone completely by performing a DFU restore on the device. Then when hit with the activation screen, you'll need an original working and active SIM card placed into the device to continue with the activation process. If you're going to use it with another carrier that's not the native carrier, you'll need to IMEI unlock the device assuming it's a GSM iPhone 4 and just slip in another SIM.